We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all startups it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 400 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans for 2019 but with Mr William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 60 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect. In everything we do we:
- bring our whole selves to work
- listen, learn and improve
- are an open book
- stand up and deliver
- set the pace.
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for a People Operations Executive to help us achieve this.
As a key member of the People Team you’ll help make this reality by ensuring our employee journey rivals our world class customer journey and championing a culture that builds momentum and motivation so people approach their work with energy, passion and resilience.
This is a varied role that will give you exposure to all elements of the employee journey and the opportunity to develop into a true people generalist. It will be perfect for you if you’re super organised, proactive, have an eye for detail and most importantly share our passion for creating an amazing place to work where no Goodlordian talks of the dreaded ‘Sunday fear’.
The day to day stuff:
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
People processes - potential Goodlordians
- Helping to source candidates via LinkedIn, referrals, networking and agencies
- Supporting hiring managers by scheduling interviews, coordinating hiring huddles, collecting and communicating feedback and keeping Workable up to date
- Making sure all candidates have an outstanding interview process
- Owning and supporting events and employer branding activities
- Working collaboratively with hiring managers and providing updates / support
- Keeping our Glassdoor up to date and responding to reviews
- Working with the Head of People on adhoc projects and process improvements
People processes - welcoming Goodlordians
- Managing our pre-boarding process and having regular check-ins with new starters
- Help give Goodlordians the best possible start by proactively managing the onboarding process, being a friendly face and taking them through the essentials
- Coordinating inductions and engaging key people in the business
People processes - Goodlordians
- Knowing people processes inside out and offering first line support and advice to managers
- Bringing a fresh perspective to our current people processes and helping the team improve and refresh these as we grow to ensure scalability
- Managing our offboarding process and updating our systems
People data and systems
- Keeping our people data up to date and accurate, and tracking any employee changes on our people system Hibob (we don’t want to get into trouble with the GDPR police!)
- Managing all people systems and being the ‘go-to’ person for support within Goodlord
Keeping Goodlordians happy and engaged
- Thinking of creative and cost effective ways to treat and engage Goodlordians and leading engagement campaigns like well-being week
- Managing our relationship with Sanctus and organising sessions
- Leading the ‘Party Bus’ team and organising all Goodlord socials, from the Goodlord Christmas party to office quizzes
- Keeping the office clean and tidy, fully stocked with supplies (including drinks and snacks), managing post and being the point of contact for We Work
- Working collaboratively with Finance you’ll manage our payroll by providing accurate information and making sure any changes, commissions, promotions have been captured
You should apply if:
- you’re passionate about creating great cultures and know people are they key to success
- emotional intelligence is your superpower (or one of)
- you’re super organised and have proven your ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- you’re confident following, improving and introducing great processes
- change doesn’t faze you; you take the rough with the smooth and take people with you on that journey
- you are energetic, creative, curious and confident
- you get on with everyone and anyone and adapt your style to communicate most effectively with them
- you are full of ideas, are not shy about expressing them and get excited about executing them
- you’re friends and family turn to you when they need someone they can trust and rely on
- you have a positive attitude, and work well under pressure
- have a passion for learning
- what we’re doing here at Goodlord excites you!
And it would be super great if:
- You know what it’s like to work in a young company and love the vibe (and sometimes chaos!)
- You have a degree in HR, Psychology, Sociology, Business (anything people related
Why youll love being a Goodlordian
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be…
- Share our success: we know our success is a credit to our talented and hard-working team members so every Goodlordian has share options
- Be rewarded: we love people who stand up and deliver and set the pace and we reward people for this with performance related pay
- Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- Keep active: Footy Fridays, weekly yoga, cycling, standing desks. Whatever you like to do to keep fit and healthy weve got you covered
- £1000 to learn: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord, but it there’s something specific, you’ll have £1000 a year to spend on what’s important to you
- Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- Quarterly team socials: a fun activity that everyone can take part in (if they want to!)
- Friday drinks: what better way to relax and get to know the team than over a few drinks? Well see you at the bar!
- Amazing office: weve just relocated to Old Street and its pretty great, even if we do say so ourselves. Were in a We Work space so its modern, casual, open plan and has lots of little extras to make it feel like home
- Four legged Goodlordians: we have a few resident pooches at Goodlord HQ who are always up for a walk / play if you need a break from your day
- Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics. We know it’s cliche to say it’s all about the people, but we truly believe we have something special going on here at Goodlord