Join one of Europe’s leading Fintech startups.
At iwoca we believe finance should make life easier, not harder, for small businesses. When small businesses go to traditional lenders they are forced to deal with long waits, absurdly rigid criteria, and impersonal bureaucracies. We believe small businesses deserve a financing service that strips out the hassle; that gets to know each customer’s needs; that generates opportunities instead of problems. iwoca is finance, custom-built to expand possibilities for small business.
Our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us make our goal a reality.
The People Operations team spans across Talent, Office Management, L&D and HR. Our mission is to attract, engage, develop and retain the very best talent at iwoca. As People Partner, you will:
- Be the go-to person for people matters within the UK Customer Success and UK Sales & Partnerships teams, as well as our Polish team (UK based)
- Nurture a culture of continuous learning, radical candour and humility across the organisation, focusing particularly on those teams you are supporting
- Develop the capability of our managers through coaching and mentoring, to help them be exceptional leaders of their teams
- Take the lead on strategic projects such as revamping our employee benefits, improving cross-team integration, or reimagining our onboarding processes so that every new joiner has an amazing experience
- Own the payroll & benefits admin process alongside other People Partners
- Oversee the performance review and salary review processes for the teams you support
- Bring best practices in relation to supporting the development, health and well-being of all our team.
- Recommend improvements and ways of working with the aim of improving and simplifying our employee experience.
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are obsessed with learning. In order to succeed at this role you will ideally have:
- A proven track record as a HR/ People Operations generalist within a similarly dynamic environment
- The ability to balance HR legal and operational requirements with a ‘common sense’ approach to solving people related problems
- Solid numeracy & analytical skills. You make data driven decisions and are comfortable managing payroll / compensation processes.
- A passion for people. You are self-aware, personable and have an exceptionally high EQ
- Stellar organisational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You can handle ambiguity and the chaos of a fast-growth environment.
We think we are the best place to work in the world - here are just some of the reasons why:
- Our smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities.
- We pay competitively. Salaries are regularly benchmarked and reviewed.
- We rent a villa in Summer and a ski-chalet in Winter, so you can work remotely with other iwocans and enjoy being somewhere special together.
- Stock options and pension
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday. We also offer unpaid leave.
- Comprehensive medical insurance from Vitality, as well as a healthcare cash plan, discounted gym memberships and income protection insurance.
- We invest significant time and money to learning & development.
- Flexible working, enhanced parental leave and a workplace nursery tax benefit.
- You will have time to give back and support a charity of your choice, via paid volunteering time
- We take time away from the desk to have fun : play pool, sign up to our yoga classes or join one of our active clubs.
- We provide breakfast, drinks and snacks in our kitchen, which we regularly source from our small business customers