Drover is a VC-backed, growth-stage marketplace startup offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: digital, flexible and at a fair, transparent price. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch, Forbes or CityAM.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic and proactive HR & Office Manager to help launch our brand new Bucharest office. You will be among our first hires on the ground in Bucharest with a huge amount of responsibility: you will build the foundations of what will become a 100-person office in the next 2 years! Your enthusiasm and warmth will set the tone for an enviable culture for our Bucharest presence. Specifically, youll get involved in the following:
- Youll work with our team leads to set talent strategy for Bucharest including the hands-on recruitment and on-boarding of Customer Success, Sales and Operations hires
- You’ll assist on a wide range of HR matters including HR admin (payroll and electronic database entries), employee relations and employment law compliance
- You’ll be the first point of contact for UK- and Portugal-based Droverians on Bucharest-related matters
- You’ll ensure the smooth running of our office from organising Friday team lunch to managing the cleaning crew
- You’ll plan socials for the local team (think paintball championships and cocktail making classes)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience in an Office Manager, HR or Recruitment role
- Fluency in English and Romanian
- A proactive self-starter who spots problems and fixes them of your own accord
- A warm attitude and an infectious smile
- A love for working with people
- A strong attention to detail and an impressive ability to organise yourself: you will juggle dozens of responsibilities!
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon and we cant wait to do the same in Bucharest. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin - it’s the #1 reason our employees love working here according to a recent survey. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- 25 days’ holiday plus all public holidays
- Private health insurance
- Highly generous parental leave policy
- Free snacks and breakfast every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Fancy equipment
- Regular socials and team retreats (Budapest and Lisbon down, where next…?)