Marketing | Up to £40k p.a. | Old Street Station, London
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for a proactive self-starter to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the Head of Marketing and will be based out of our office near Old Street Station in London.
What you’ll do
You will take ownership of our paid and organic acquisition channels and supercharge them (with the help of the rest of the Pod Point team).
You’ll be responsible for:
- Managing and optimising our paid and organic acquisition channels
- Managing the Pod Point website and optimising it for conversion
- Creating content that targets users across our B2C and B2B markets at the awareness and consideration phase of the customer journey
- Managing all onsite technical SEO (including structured data, metadata, keyword optimisation and resolving crawl issues)
- Managing all offsite SEO (including link building campaigns and working with relevant team members to distribute content via social and email)
- Managing our PPC agency for non-English language ad campaigns.
- Monitoring and reporting on our paid and organic KPI metrics, as well as communicating wins and progress to the wider company
- Staying on top of algorithm updates and the latest best practices
What you’ll need
- At least 3 years’ experience delivering digital marketing campaigns that have had a tangible impact on business growth, with a focus on SEO and paid acquisition
- An understanding of both B2B and B2C marketing practices
- Proficient in the use of:
- Google Ads, Facebook Ads (and other social ad platforms as a bonus)
- Google Analytics and Search Console
- Moz SEO or similar rank tracking/search analytics platform
- Screaming Frog or similar crawl tools
- Google Keyword Planner or a similar keyword research tool
- Website content management systems
- You have a creative approach to problem-solving, rely on data to guide your decision-making and apply lean principles to maximise efficiency and output
- You have worked in an agile environment as part of an Agile (Scrum / Kanban) team
- You enjoy learning new skills and getting involved in activities outside your core area when extra hands are needed
- Experience running email marketing campaigns (even more bonus points if they were automated)
- Experience using Jira, Confluence and/or Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with product teams, software developers and/or B2B sales
- Experience working in a high growth start-up or growth-stage tech company
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the EV and/or sustainability industry
- Fluent in Norwegian
- A dog you can bring into the office
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme and discounted gym membership
- An extensive non-fiction library to provide a bit of inspiration
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!