Would you like to utilize your experience of power inverter design, working on an exciting new project?
We are Faraday
Faraday is a purpose driven company, focussed on significantly impacting the Energy Trilemma by facilitating a transition to affordable, reliable and clean energy.
We’re a startup organisation with strong investor backing, that has grown to a team of almost 100 people across four European locations; Edinburgh (Head Quarters) and London in the UK, and Prague and Pardubice in the Czech Republic.
Our exceptionally talented team is made up of a diverse group of brilliant minds from the fields of engineering, physics, mathematics and software development; who challenge and solve real world problems, developing some of the most sophisticated technical solutions in the energy market.
The Faraday Exchanger
As a power electronic engineer in Faraday Grid, you’ll work on the design of controller circuitry used to control the magnetic flux of complex transformer-like core, of the new Faraday Exchanger and its power electronics. You will also monitor the health of auxiliary systems, like cooling and temperature measurements.
The Faraday Exchanger is made up of an electromagnetic core, primary winding, secondary winding, and a control winding which modulates the magnetic flux flowing through the device and the energy stored in that magnetic flux. An on-board control system continuously monitoring the input and output of the Exchanger device to command the control winding.
The control system is completely self-managed and requires no network connection, managing the immediate geographic location to maintain a stable and efficient power flow.
Why Should You Join Us?
- Your role is a critical position for the success of the project and this challenging position will provide you with a great opportunity to really make an impact
- You’ll join a small international and multicultural team of 5, in which every single team member has a direct and high impact on our results
- Working with new technology, you’ll be collaborating with our R&D team to develop, design, program, document, test, and commission power electronics for our technology.
- As well as performing compliance requirements, you’ll design trade-off, manufacturability, and failure-mode analysis, to facilitate transition from R&D into commercialisation
- You will be designing and implementing high power AC/AC, DC/DC, AC/DC, and DC/AC converters, both single- and three-phase
- You’ve got strong expertise with ADCs and DAC’s you are proficient in software/hardware such as LtSpice, pSpice, MATLAB/Simulink, LabView, Dspace and Speedgoat
- You’ve designed circuits with MOSFETs, BJTs, IGBTs and other discrete power semiconductor devices like diodes and thyristors/TRIACs
- You’re strong in thermal management and efficiency and you enjoy using Si, SiC and GaN technologies
- You’ve got great experience with voltage / current / temperature / magnetic field sensors/probes and with a galvanic isolation of circuits
- Your advanced degree studies in Electrical Engineering or applicable scientific field from an accredited university combined with your excellent experience in power electronics and instrumentation of transformers makes you stand out as a specialist in your field
- You enjoy working on analog circuit design OpAmps, analog filter design, analog signal processing and have hands-on experience with designing (including cooling techniques), debugging, and testing of power converters and SMPSs; as well as, with applications and/or design of its key components, such as semiconductor devices and magnetic components
- You enjoy the challenge of troubleshooting complex analogue and digital electronics systems you’re familiar with BS, IEC, EU, EN, IEEE, and ANSI technical standards
In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer:
- Multicultural environment
- Personal development opportunities (training, internal mobility…)
- Ability to contribute to the greater good by helping decrease electricity cost
- A safe environment without micro-management
- 25 days holiday and some extra “bridge days”
- Meal Vouchers
- Free phone line
- Flexible working hours
- Retirement plan contributions so you can save for the future
This is an opportunity in which you will genuinely see the results of your efforts, apply now!
Contact Paul Myers today on +420 735749672 or by email on email@example.com