Urban was founded in 2014 by Jack and Giles who had a simple mission: to provide easy and affordable access to wellness, so people can live happier and healthier every day.
Since then, weve delivered well over 300,000 massage therapy treatments in London, Paris, Manchester and Birmingham. We empower wellness practitioners by providing them with a marketplace to meet local customers, business software to manage their work and a community to belong to.
In late 2018, we expanded beyond massage to form three business divisions: mind/body, beauty and fitness. Our growing range of services includes massage, facial, nail and osteopath treatments performed at times and places chosen by our clients.
THE CULTURE AND WHO WE WORK WITH
We believe that freedom and trust bring the best out of people, so we work with team-players who get the importance of owning their responsibilities.
We live and breathe our values; we’re curious, supportive, fair, clear in our communication, and never settle for average. We’re a diverse team and particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
We’re building the future of wellness. Join us.
As Product Designer for our consumer marketplace, you’ll be in charge of designing a beautiful, intuitive interface that helps users solve their daily wellness needs. We’re providing our customers easy and affordable access to wellness, our current focus is on-demand services and products.
You’ll own the design of our app and web products, ensuring beautiful and enjoyable experiences whilst keeping inline with our brand philosophy and guidelines.
Our app is like booking travel, it can be complex, so you’ll need to have strong ability to translate complex requirements into simple and intuitive design experiences and systems.
- Own the whole practitioner experience across all three components of the product
- Translate complex product requirements into a simple and beautiful experience. We strive to provide more a more useful and intuitive product than any other competitors already in the market
- Deep commercial, user and product development, understanding how to incorporate business objectives / requirements into a world-class experience
- Deliver outstanding quality of design work
- Design with creative freedom whilst incorporating design guidelines
- Communicate effectively with product manager and engineers to bring your designs to reality
- Conducting customer insights and research to truly understand our customer needs and personas
- 3 years or more experience in UX and Digital Product Design (specifically SaaS and mobile first products)
- Track record of solving complex requirements and crafting simple and intuitive experiences
- Deep understanding of customer research, design principles and standards
- Excellent communication skills and proven experience of working collaboratively with product managers, engineers and other stakeholders to take ideas from concept to launch and beyond
- Creative and curious designer that never settle for average
- Portfolio/case studies featuring examples of exceptional design work
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Ability to prototype from sketching through to interactive outputs
- Experience in planning and conducting user testing sessions
- Expert in Sketch, Invision, familiarity with Principle or any other animation tool
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Join a fast-growing and exciting start-up with excellent growth opportunities
- Working with a fun, international and highly-motivated team where theres never a dull moment!
- Well-speced Apple hardware
- A generous conference and training budget
- Free weekly yoga sessions
- Discounts on at-home massages
- Fully stocked fridges
- Central London office with great transport links