We are looking for a customer-focused, data-driven Product Manager to join our Product team. You will own the delivery of value to the companies that raise finance with us by heading up our ‘Companies’ product team. We want to find someone who loves the world of business and start-ups; who can put themselves in the shoes of an entrepreneur working tirelessly to realise their company’s mission; who has an unshakeable customer-focused, results-driven approach to product development.
Who we are:
Crowdcube is the worlds leading equity crowdfunding platform. We enable everyday investors to invest alongside Europe’s venture capitalists and professional investors in start-up, early-stage and growth businesses; in doing so, were enabling entrepreneurs to raise the funds they need to grow their businesses.
We have experienced year on year growth since 2011 with over 700,000 registered investors, and over 900 businesses from the UK and around the world successfully funded on the platform, including BrewDog, Monzo, Eden Project and many more.
What you will be doing:
As the ‘Companies’ Product Manager at Crowdcube, reporting into our Head of Product, you will own the delivery of value to our raising companies across our product suite. You will become an expert in our customers, our strategic goals and our mission.
Day to day you will:
- Build great relationships with internal teams (particularly Business Development and Campaign Management) and our customers and do everything you can to understand their needs and problems.
- Use Scrum/Kanban framework to drive a cross-functional team to address these needs and test possible solutions.
- Be driven by measurable impact on the customer experience and the business.
- Use in-depth data analysis to drive product development.
- Talk to our customers regularly and carry out usability testing
- Use insight from research to drive the prioritisation of work and development of the roadmap.
- Identify the problem to be solved, without becoming wedded to a solution.
- Encourage and foster input from all levels and disciplines in the team.
- Manage expectations of stakeholders while ensuring they feel listened to and understood.
- Clearly communicate the goals, progress and achievements of the team widely to the rest of the company.
Ideally, you will:
- Have substantial experience managing complex products in a technology-driven, customer-focused company.
- Have proven experience in driving process improvements to create a happy and productive team
- Have experience of working in a Start-Up.
- Have an understanding of web and mobile development technologies, methods, and processes, and enjoy building demos, prototypes, and proofs of concept.
- Be comfortable performing data analysis using SQL, Excel, and/or Google Spreadsheets or analytics tools.
- Have experience in user research and usability testing (or strong desire to gain this experience)
- Have excellent written English and verbal communication skills.
- Have a strong sense of good product design and user experience
- Be willing to try your hand at any tasks needed to ensure the success of your product.
- Demonstrate integrity, trustworthiness, and strong personal values.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have a bias to action, preferring an imperfect decision that enables learning over no decision at all.
- Consistently put the customer at the centre of your work
- Are a curious and inquisitive person with a desire to learn and work outside your comfort zone.
- Are an excellent listener and understand the importance of diverse points of view.
- Are a strong communicator with a natural flair for influencing others.
- Are humble and happy to admit when you are wrong.
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences, subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and hard working, and we take care of our team:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA
- Life Insurance Scheme
- £1000 annual training budget
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Company perks such as juices, fruit, snacks and occasional team lunches, and lunch and learns.
- Company trips and activities such as pilates, football, cricket, BBQs, camping and more…
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.