“When searching for interesting job opportunities, I want to find a job that will improve peoples lives, will challenge me every day and will give me meaningful relationships, so I can invest the largest part of my waking hours in a meaningful endeavor while growing my skills.”
Does this story resonate with you? Continue reading...
As a product manager in Empatica, you will work with medical devices in a highly regulated industry; you will deal with users with medical conditions that are not the typical tech-savvy early adopters. Your secret sauce will be your ability to work at a fast pace and sentiment for providing the utmost value to our customers.
If this was not challenging enough, the role demands a mix of technical knowledge, first principles thinking, and well-honed product judgment. We are a completely full-stack company: all of the hardware, software, data science, research, logistics, and marketing is under our control. Youll need to think holistically to master complexity.
This role requires an outstanding communicator who is customer-centric, extremely organized and thrives on solving difficult problems in an uncertain environment. You will fill all the white space that a startup context provides, and will serve as the organizational glue. Youll do whatever it takes to make your product(s) and team successful, whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration or making late night calls with customers. You will turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans.
You will be involved in:
- Setting product strategy, prioritizing features, building consensus, and coordinating product schedules with design and engineering teammates to ship high-quality experiences.
- Discussing technical implementation details with engineers and make trade-offs to strike a balance between meeting the customer needs and meeting deadlines.
- Communicating product plans, benefits, and results to all audiences - within teams, the company, our users, and the press.
- Prototyping and testing new features/products ideas as well as defining a go-to-market strategy.
- Constantly analyzing feedback, whether from the Customer Happiness and Sales teams, or from analytics, beta programs, surveys, to gather user feedback and ideas for improvement.
- Serving as the voice of the customer within your team and representing your team to stakeholders.
- Building tracking plans and hypotheses to question product decisions and improve both business and user metrics.
Why work at Empatica
You’ll have a real opportunity to improve and save lives around the world, as part of a tight-knit team who share knowledge and are eager to keep learning and pushing to create top-notch products that have a meaningful impact. If you jump on board, we can guarantee it wont be an easy ride, but it will be one of the most rewarding experiences in your career, one that will allow you to learn a lot and test your whole skill-set on multiple projects, which are already helping thousands of people worldwide.
You are an ideal candidate for this role if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience as a product manager with a proven track record of delivering complex software products at scale, in challenging fast-paced environments.
- Dont think you should be the CEO of the product, but rather the servant of the product team.
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills: organized, clear, and concise. (English native is a plus)
- Have proven ability to work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment of a truly full stack company.
- You have strong decision-making with imperfect information.
- Thrive in uncertainty but you are able to shield the product team from it.
- Have a natural ability to make stuff happen around you, being able to lead without authority.
- Manage chaos, ambiguity and complexity in a detailed and organized way creating models and principles that your team can follow.
- Are proficient in English (mother tongue is highly appreciated)
You are an ideal candidate for Empatica if you:
- Know that life is too short to do petty things. You feel an obligation to work on something that will leave the world in a better place.
- Discuss openly face to face: good ideas are more important than authority.
- Try to question dogma and the status quo: you prefer merit and objectivity over authority.
- Still operate optimally under intense pressure.
- Don’t give up a challenge, and persevere to overcome setbacks. You are focused on action and results.
- Think first about the success of our customers and team before your own interests.
- Have fun and don’t take yourself too seriously.
We expect a lot from you, but your efforts will be rewarded by great benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch equipment
- Flexible work hours
- Personal growth programs
- Free healthy lunch
- Amazing summer office in Sardinia
- Gym membership
- Free cookies, if you deserve them