We have huge ambitions for Moonpig and believe our products are at the heart of our drive for growth. As a result, we’re looking for an exceptional Product Manager who can help lead the charge!
We don’t sell ‘off the shelf’ products ... we’re personal. Every single thing you buy from us is unique to you. The purpose of our great family of brands is to magic our customers’ photos, words and feelings into precious objects that make them smile, laugh and, sometimes, cry. We’re in the business of ‘one-of-a-kind’ and so delighting each and every customer is central to everything we do.
We are always moving forward, adjusting constantly with the market and to be even closer to our customers. We had humble beginnings, but always rich ambitions and we haven’t lost sight of that ‘start-up’ way of thinking. As such, we’re not afraid to make bold decisions and quickly change things if it’s the right thing to do – as employees, our roles are constantly evolving, and our priorities shifting to what will really make the difference. There are always new and challenging projects being launched, which at times can be overwhelming ... but so much fun!
Whats important to us:
- Were serious about shipping but we dont take ourselves too seriously.
- We think agile is useful but were not zealots. We optimise for JFDI.
- We strongly believe in the value of good design. We believe it is a primary differentiator in an increasingly crowded marketplace. Also, we refuse to ship ugly, inelegant crap.
- We strongly believe in the value of data. We run a team that is data- informed. We think being data- driven is soulless and dangerous. Clean, confident, clear data combined with insights of the team is what drives our decisions.
- We want to build small, collaborative, cross-functional teams that push each other to create elegant, simple solutions to hard customer problems.
- No matter what the role we want everyone to be obsessed with getting inside the minds of our customers.
You’re a fit for our team if:
- You strive to be the best in the world at what you do and want to be surrounded by others who do so as well.
- You get a bit nauseous when someone utters the phrase, "Think outside the box." But you actually do it.
- You have strong, well-informed opinions but are open to being convinced otherwise through thoughtful discussion and debates with your teammates.
- You have a bias towards action.
- Youre scrappy and ready to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to ship.
- You are a problem solver and spend your time figuring stuff out rather than explaining why it cant be done.
- You are incurably & insatiably curious. You probably know the difference between baking soda and baking powder (if you don’t know you want to go and find out don’t you?)
- You can’t help but count the number of clicks it takes to checkout on your favourite e-commerce sites.
- You believe the scientific method is more than just a method...but a way of life.
- You know when more analysis will help and when its time to JFDI.
- When you were a kid you used to take things apart to see how they worked.
- Your friends and family come to you for product/tech recommendations.
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills. You gotta be able to communicate with, educate and get along with the team.
Specifically, for this role:
- You’ll have a proven track record in shipping beautiful, effective e-commerce products that are effortless to use and maniacally pursuing CRO and funnel optimization.
- Ideally you would have knowledge of, experience with and a healthy scepticism of:
- Modern e-commerce best practices including, CRO, A/B and MVT, SEO, PPC, PSPs and XYZ (that’s not really a thing...just seeing if you were paying attention).
- Analytics and testing platforms like optimizely, GA etc.
- UX specifically around IA and site structuring.
- Modern approaches to software development including agile (Scrum/Kanban), Lean, XP, BDD and TDD.
A taste of what to expect as part of the team
- Our office near Borough Market & Tate Modern has a relaxed, social atmosphere. We’re currently gearing up to move to an incredible new space in Farringdon around Spring 2018. With loads of natural light, spaces to support our ways of working and great neighbourhood bars & restaurants we can’t wait to make the move
- Regular socials, engagement activities, drinks, treats and plenty more – and you can be as involved in as little or as much as you’d like
- We’re open & honest, actively listening to employee feedback to help us in our goal to become an Awesome place to work
- Together we have shedloads of ambition and actively support each other to hit our goals and drive the business forward
- All sorts of Learning & Development support, including a dedicated budget per team. We’re also launching exciting new development tools in 2018
- 25 days annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays)
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance that pays out x4 salary
- Eye Care Vouchers
- £10000 interest free travel loan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Generous credit to spend on our products
Applicants must have right to work in EU (we will not provide visa sponsorship)
We’re all about making people’s days brilliant. That’s what gets us out of bed in the morning. Helping our customers wow that special someone with our wide range of top quality, thoughtful and personalised gifts, cards and flowers.
We’ve been on the scene since 2000 and have made over 100 million Moonpig moments for our customers here in the UK and as far afield as the US and Australia.
We started with cards and have kept on adding new ways to make a Moonpig moment since then, whether through our ever-expanding gift range or becoming a top three UK online flower seller for all the big occasions.
We’re part of Photobox Group, Europe’s leading retailer of personal and personalised products. Our family of brands – Photobox, Moonpig, Hofmann and PosterXXL – make millions of moments real for our customers around the world.