We are a Software-as-a-Service startup that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like House of Fraser, Radley, MADE.com and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications and app marketing. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day.
Poq was founded in 2011 by Oyvind, CEO, Michael, COO, Jun, CTO, and Mike, CCO. We have built an amazing team of
diverse and brilliant minds.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, the Product Marketer will master the art of creating desire for the Poq platform and understand our customers so deeply that they are able to answer two questions for them: “Why Poq?” and “Why now?”. You’ll be charged with bringing a better understanding of our buyers and market into the company and optimising how we market and sell to those buyers. You will accelerate product growth by championing the customer, communicating product value, and
driving distribution. You’ll maintain a focus on ensuring the product connects with its ideal customer.
You’ll secure insights and deeply understand our retail clients, their customers, our markets & the competitive landscape. You’ll develop positioning and messaging for new product versions & features, while owning the go-to -market planning, and drive
demand, adoption, and satisfaction with our product. You’ll be self-sufficient and able to form opinions and drive action.
This role will work cross-function (marketing, product, sales) and driving alignment in thinking and strategy across those teams will be key.
What you’ll be doing
- Serving as the interface between the commercial side of the business and the product team
- Owning the external representation of our product
- Messaging and copywriting – develop documents defining positioning, messaging, and competitive differentiation of our product.
- Sales enablement - arm sales with the knowledge and tools they need to be successful.
- Building standard collateral and relevant content - developing customer-facing presentations; update the website; producing flyers, brochures, white-papers and outlining the marketing programs required for demand generation.
- Customer relations - interact with customers to collect feedback, and work on joint activities such as reference stories and videos
- Conducting competitor analysis, market research, and work closely with the sales team to inform the strategic positioning of the product to customers, partners, and market influencers.
- Developing launch plans for new product releases and features. Clearly explain the benefits of those features and translate them into customer-facing messaging.
- Working with technology partners to understand and articulate integrations and partnerships
- Working with third party suppliers such as designers, web developers and PR agencies to fulfil your role.
- If required, giving product demonstrations at trade shows and webinars and deliver presentations to customers and prospects.
- Cultivating analyst relations with Forrester and Gartner etc
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years working in a similar B2B role, ideally in a SaaS environment
- SaaS product marketing experience
- Strong technical background and significant marketing experience
- Excellent communication skills across different levels of stakeholder groups, both internal and external
- Retail, SaaS or appcommerce experience are highly advantageous
- University degree ideally in Business or Marketing
- Fruit, snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week
- Selection of breakfast options provided
- If you work late, we pay for your dinner and have it delivered to the office
- Team drinks (soft and non) every Friday.
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done a Segway tour, BBQs, Junkyard Golf, a Graffiti Workshop and more!)
We love spending time together as a team, check us out on Instagram. You can see more about our team here.
How to apply
Please complete the application form below and click the submit your application button to apply. To save time, you can import details from your LinkedIn profile.