At Flexciton, we are leading the 4th industrial revolution by bringing A.I. to manufacturing. We build on pioneering research to completely revolutionise the way the manufacturing industry operates. Whilst only a young startup, we work with some of the largest and most advanced manufacturers in the world!
We are here to transform the way the largest companies in the world make their products, by building a platform that is solving an extremely difficult problem - one that would be impossible for a human to solve.
Our mission is to become THE artificial intelligence company for manufacturing and help every plant in the world increase their efficiency through A.I.
Our team is pushing the boundaries of data science and optimisation, to create a revolutionary A.I. solution that manufacturers can use to save millions of pounds in operational costs and efficiency improvements. We need an experienced Product Owner to join our team and contribute significantly to the development of this product.
About the role
As the Product Owner, you will be providing critical support in allowing the business to automate and update a lot of our tech and processes within our complex SaaS system supporting multiple customers. Therefore, you will need to have an attitude of the more complex the better! Some of your responsibilities will involve:
- Product development
- Take lead of project teams as the Product Owner; facilitate and host product decision meetings with Agile development team to ensure the product vision and direction is clear.
- Working closely with the clients throughout the project to understand and create requirements; managing the full life cycle of the product from validating initial concepts to monitoring health in production
- Define product vision, road-map and growth opportunities
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release Goals
- Explore new ways of improving existing services and products as a way of increasing profitability
- Follow our competitors and the industry; Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Be a User Story enthusiast
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories working with numerous requirements
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritise stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on.
- Plan and prioritise product feature backlog and development for the product
- Maintain an open environment
- Uphold the Agile environment and communicate across all levels with both technical and non-technical parties
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Manage Senior Management
- Able to work with senior stakeholders (external clients) and manage their expectations
- Work closely with CEO and CTO to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI.
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for 4+ years delivering a Software as a Service (SaaS) product.
- Experience working within the manufacturing industry preferred
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field
- End-to-end delivery and project management solutions experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
We aim to create an awesome environment for our people to thrive. We want to offer great career potential and of course other little benefits in return for your hard work!
- Competitive salary
- Stock Options, so when we make it big you do!
- 25 days’ holidays + bank holidays
- Monthly Team Lunch and Dinner
- Annual Team Trip
- L&D opportunities
At Flexciton, we value diversity and foster inclusive environment. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and we want to ensure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone.If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation during the process, please do not hesitate to let us know.