We are on the lookout for an experienced Product Owner. You will be responsible for building a new module from scratch that will proactively help our customers get more online bookings as well as taking full ownership of two key modules of our software. We’re looking for someone who is an entrepreneur and tech lover who would like to join a challenging startup environment. Product Owner is a demanding role. You need to fully understand the vision of the product and develop a deep understanding of the business and our software in order to give your contribution to the success of Lodgify. This role is for a natural leader who will be reporting directly to the CEO.
Lodgify is a fast-paced and entrepreneurial startup with a young, talented, international team of 60 people in the heart of Barcelona. At Lodgify, we are a product-first company with a simple vision: empower lodging operators to build and grow their business through technology and help them become independent. Our software enables vacation rental businesses to easily create a bookable website and manage all their reservations.
What you will do:
- Take full product ownership of two of our core software modules.
- Take full business KPI responsibility of your assigned product modules.
- Write detailed product feature requirement documents.
- Manage a small cross-functional product team of developers and designers and coordinate the efficient execution of the development and solving ad-hoc problems.
- Balance the needs of our customers, UX guidelines and technical/resource constraints.
- Coordinate the roll-out of features incl. internal and external communication, training and marketing.
- Track usage of new features its business impact and analyze usage data and be in direct contact with users.
- Act as an ambassador for the product and promote growth and continuous improvement.
- Have a 2+ years of experience managing products.
- Vacation Rental or Hotel industry experience OR experience in a sharing economy startup or any marketplace startup that connects buyers and sellers and facilitates online transactions / bookings is highly valued.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with prior startup experience, rolling up your sleeves, thriving in chaos and getting sh*t done.
- Passion for web-based product and for all things tech
- Ability to interact with developers and designers (any UI/UX, QA and programming knowledge is a good plus)
- Good SQL skills, strong Excel skills and the ability to use data and research for informed product decisions
- Passion for solving customer problems
- A problem-solver, fire-fighter and informed decision-maker.
- Strong organizational / communication skills and strong team player
- Ability to work under pressure and understand a very complex system
- Fluent in English
- Private healthcare insurance
- Meal vouchers
- 25 days of vacation
- Nice open office space in central Barcelona location
- Be part of a international team of over 23 different nationalities
- Referral program
- Free spanish classes
- Fresh fruits, coffee and beverages and other breakfast stuff.
- Regular ping-pong and foosball tournaments, plus other fun team activities!
We are proud to have an international team that acknowledges a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. At Lodgify, we celebrate diversity and difference, and we are strongly committed to building an inclusive environment for all our employees.