Who are Quill?
If you ask Deloitte Fast 50 or Santander Breakthrough50, they’d say we’re one of Britain’s most exciting and disruptive businesses. If you ask our team, they’d say we’re a no-politics, people-first company where exceptionally smart individuals get the chance to have their voice heard and potential fulfilled (then pushed that extra bit more).
And if you ask our clients, they’d say we’re the content production partner they rely on to rapidly create high-quality editorial, video and images to drive online sales. To date, we’ve produced over 15 million words of on-brand content – in 29 languages and counting – for 170+ of the world’s most prestigious brands, including eBay, Farfetch and Google.
We do that through a combination of our unique methodology, our global network of ~2000 screened freelance creatives and Quill Cloud, our content production management tool.
What does being a Production Coordinator at Quill involve?
You’ll be an organisational machine who can be 100% relied on to get through high volumes of coordination tasks ultra-efficiently. You’ll take total ownership for creating workable content production schedules and managing large, global teams of freelancers to deliver against those. The right person for this role will be energised by bringing order to complexity and communicating with dozens of people at a time (mostly online).
This role can be done on a contract or permanent basis – both are full-time and based in our London office.
These are the skills you’ll need for the job:
- Compassion and assertiveness: you are naturally caring and that comes through in all of your communication, but you combine that with an innate assertiveness. You have confidence in your decision-making and a constant focus on business goals to inform those decisions
- Pragmatism: your natural response to tricky situations is calm and logical. Rather than jump to conclusions or worry about what hasn’t happened yet, you establish the facts then come up with a realistic plan to resolve the problem
- Efficiency: you’re constantly developing ways to work smarter not harder and take personal responsibility for making cumbersome processes slick. You do this on a day-to-day basis as well as working on long-term process improvements to scale yourself
- Logic and creativity: you love grappling with messy, numbers-based challenges and coming up with clean solutions. You bring heaps of creativity and analytical thinking to these challenges – there’s no such thing as an unsolvable problem for you – and you always keep the impact on people in mind
- Resilience: you bounce back quickly from setbacks
Why should I join Quill?
Like most startups, we talk a lot about our culture. But for us, culture isn’t just words on a wall. It’s part of our recruitment process and our day-to-day.
If any of this sounds like you, you’re looking for a spot on the right team:
- Your integrity isn’t for sale. You’re a what you see is what you get type of person who’s honest about their strengths and development areas
- You don’t settle for second best. It really, really matters to you that everything you do is excellent. And you don’t shy away from empowering your colleagues to share those standards
- 10 minutes with nothing to do feels like an hour for you. You’re smart, energetic and driven, so you’re at your best when everything’s a little hectic
- You don’t like going through the motions or blindly following instructions. You leap into complex situations that don’t have an easy answer and relish the challenge of coming up with one
- The idea of a fixed ‘remit’ doesn’t appeal to you. Neither does waiting three years to get a promotion you earned two years ago. You think and act beyond your role
- You’re a fundamentally kind, respectful person, searching for a place filled with similarly kind, respectful people
What are the benefits?
If you work with us as a permanent member of staff, on top of joining the Quill family and all the benefits that come with that, you’ll also get:
- 25 holiday days per year plus UK bank holidays
- A contributory pension
- Our Summer Away Day (no stuffy meeting rooms in sight)
- Monthly socials and lunches/breakfasts
- Fortnightly Inspire Lunches – past lunches have included how the CEO manages his wellbeing, what today’s most disruptive businesses have in common and a crash course in Russian
- A significant amount of time, expertise and attention put into your personal development, plus an unusually broad scope for rapid career progression
Quill is an equal opportunities employer.