Spotcap is a leading global FinTech company operating in the trillion dollar online lending space. We are driven by the mission to empower SMEs with tailored finance, allowing them to focus on what really matters – their business. We are an international team of finance, engineering and business professionals from more than 25 countries. Spotcap operates in five countries, is headquartered in Berlin (Germany) with a local presence in Spain, The UK, The Netherlands, Australia and New Zealand. And we are growing rapidly!
Our customers and their needs are at the core of our business and the key driver for all business decisions. But our most important asset are the masterminds behind Spotcap - our people. At Spotcap we value ownership, creativity, lean processes and curiosity. We are on a fun mission and always look for like-minded people who want to join us in disrupting the finance industry.
Our engineering team operates a lean development process to deliver our world-class products and services. Modern languages and tools paired with continuous deployment and cloud-based infrastructure helps us master the global-technology platform challenges.
In this role you will be...
- Responsible for quality assurance of modern frontend, backend and middleware solutions to help support Spotcap's global portfolio of products and services.
- Actively participating in planning, creating, and supporting feature delivery across products and services.
- Doing feature-reviews, automated testing and guiding features to production.
- Coming up with testing strategies for highly integrated API solutions where a product often uses multiple internal and external APIs.
- Helping lay the foundations for continuous delivery in collaboration with software and devops engineers.
Working at Spotcap means you will benefit from the following:
- Be part of a dynamic, driven and very international team across six countries, with a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin.
- A challenging full-time role at the forefront of the booming FinTech industry with Spotcap having already been awarded numerous accolades in that space.
- A start-up atmosphere in an established company environment with flat hierarchies where you’ll be expected and encouraged to contribute your ideas.
- Strong career progression and opportunity to grow with the business.
- A strong team culture with regular social events, tech talks, training sessions and team meetings.
Our ideal candidate has...
- Three plus years of experience in QA of HTTP API based backends.
- Two plus years of experience in QA of Single Page Applications.
- Strong programming skills and experience, ideally with Scala.
- Worked in feature teams that worked on all aspects of a software product.
- Proficiency with Selenium for web browser automation.
- Familiarity with Jenkins or similar for Continuous integration.
- Worked with git repositories and Atlassian products like Jira and Confluence.
- Experience in testing concurrent, parallel and scalable products.
- Experience in working with Amazon Web Services products.
- Followed new developments in the ever changing landscape of QA processes and tools.
- A sense of purpose and clarity for the entire software development and deployment process.
- An innate curiosity and drive to get things done.
- Fluency in English.