You will help us provide the best service to our members while making sure that we keep track of the regulatory changes that will impact our business and remain compliant. You will report to Bulb’s Head of Risk and Regulation work in close collaboration with Bulb’s legal team. Day-to-day, you will support Bulbs Product and Member Service teams to ensure we are member-focused, innovative and in line with regulation and policy. This is a new role at Bulb and you will help create a high-performing team.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Making sure Bulb teams understand current and future regulatory requirements - both what they must do and what is not actually required or useful.
- Designing and managing a risk-based and data-driven compliance monitoring and reporting system.
- Challenging our current processes and procedures to ensure we’re providing great outcomes for members as well as meeting regulatory requirements.
- Helping build a proactive culture to regulation across Bulb, by managing relationships with regulators and other stakeholders, and developing Bulb’s compliance programme (e.g. supplier management, team training etc).
We’re looking for an energetic, collaborative and analytical individual to join our team.
Here are some of the things we think will be valuable, but were also open-minded. If you recognise yourself in any of these traits, we’d love for you to send us an application.
- You have strong knowledge of the energy market - or another regulated market - and would be comfortable giving interpretations of regulations and how they apply to Bulb.
- You have a proven ability to diagnose the root cause of a problem using data, and recommending a solution and plan of action.
- You are collaborative by default. You are comfortable working at all levels of the organisation and also keen to roll your sleeves up and get stuff done.
- You have experience using data and technology to solve complex business challenges and the ability to use judgment even in a crisis.
- You are well-organised, hard working and detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritise and manage numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- You have exceptional communication skills and are able to communicate complex ideas in a simple fashion.
We’d like you to have:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a regulated sector, legal advice, policy or in a strategy role that covers these areas.
- Proven credentials in developing a new programme within a business, in particular a change management programme.
Bulb cares deeply about helping the technology and energy industries become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example.
We offer some great benefits:
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, share options and bonus
- 25 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- 1 month sabbatical leave after your first year
- Training budget, healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free breakfast on Fridays