At Growth Street, we’re passionate about understanding growing businesses and helping them succeed.
We operate a peer-to-peer platform that matches investors’ funds with ambitious viable businesses. Our marketplace offers borrowers lines of credit from £25k up to £2m. Our product is similar to a traditional bank overdraft, but we strive to be smoother, faster and more efficient!
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Relationship Management, we are actively looking for smart, driven and adaptable individuals to join our team and help us to support our customers growth.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is customer focused and keen to be part of a fast-growing financial technology startup. You will be joining the business at a really exciting time of rapid growth and development, working alongside motivated and talented people who are passionate about what they do.
Principally, you will be managing a number of key customer relationships making important lending decisions whilst continually developing and evolving our proposition.
Our Relationship Management team is growing in size and the team is the key point of contact for all of our borrowers with responsibility for developing and enhancing our portfolio growth.
This could be a role that you will absolutely love, if...
- You enjoy working as part of a skilled and dynamic team offering an exceptional product and service to small and medium enterprises from across the UK
- You have a great track record of continually beating SME customer expectations in a financial environment with experience of supporting business growth, maximising utilisation of facilities, minimising customer attrition and attaining market leading customer feedback
- You are passionate about working closely across a scaling business to ensure that a great customer experience continues and continuous improvements are delivered throughout the customer journey.
- You will be an ambassador for Growth Street, promoting our brand and values and adapting well to life in a fast-growing startup.
Whether we’re speaking to customers or to each other, we try at all times to live by our core values:
- Be curious – We celebrate diversity and we love to learn new things. Whether you’re passionate about taekwondo or opera, we want to hear from you. We’re eager to learn, share and use knowledge to positively impact our customers: that’s why we ask everyone to be curious.
- Be in sync – We’re only as strong as the sum of our parts, and when we bring our skills and talent together for each other and our customers we are at our most incredible. That’s why we are always working to be in sync.
- Beat expectations – At Growth Street, we work for our customers. We’re dedicated to thinking about what customers need, now and in the future, and going out of our way to beat expectations.
You will need...
- An unwavering focus on our customers with the ability to consistently beat their expectations and a natural and proven ability to build lasting relationships.
- To be adaptable, keen to learn and with an understanding of the world around you, bringing a fresh perspective with you.
- The ability to communicate across a wide range of partners and seniority levels with a professional reputation and image
- A deep understanding of data, technology and processes with an interest in doing things differently
- Experience of working with and growing a portfolio of SME customers with turnovers ranging from £1m to £25m with an in depth knowledge of financial reporting
- A minimum 3 years of relevant commercial banking/finance experience is important with a keen interest in working within a startup environment
Competencies & traits
We expect you to be…
- Organised – You are highly organized and are constantly on the lookout to improve the way you work.
- Collaborative – You seek first to understand and then to be understood. You communicate your actions and intentions clearly, both verbally and in a written format.
- Proactive – You have a proactive attitude towards problems. You pay attention to detail and think about the implications of what you are doing.
An attractive CV or highly relevant work experience alone aren’t the only indicators of the best role and culture fit. You should be able to see yourself in the above list of values and competencies. During the interview stages, you will be assessed against each of them to ensure this is definitely the role for you!
- A competitive salary with performance linked bonus
- Employer pension contributions of 5% of your base salary
- Training, equipment and IT budget
- The tools you require to get the job done
- A strong and clear company culture, focused on growth
- Participation in an employee equity scheme
- 25 days of blissful idleness plus Bank Holidays
- Free access to bike storage, showers, and changing facilities
- Free breakfast & fruit
- Budget for books, weekly lunch & learns, a busy social calendar and more..
The role is based out of our London office. We are located 2 minutes from Aldgate station, and just over 5 minutes from Liverpool Street station.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.