We are looking for a Sales Development Rep who will support Birdie’s Sales Team in building partnerships with homecare agencies. You will have a key role to play in helping to define our outbound and inbound marketing efforts. You will be responsible for identifying prospects, qualifying their interest and booking demos.
- Location: Angel or from home
- Permanent, full-time or part-time
- £25k - £40k OTE + benefits (dependent on experience)
Birdie is a pioneer in social innovation. Our Vision is to build a society in which we all age with confidence.
We’re on a mission to reinvent care so that older generations can age safely in their own homes, surrounded by their families and their communities.
We’ve built a holistic technology platform to support care professionals and families in enhancing care for older adults living at home. We help care professionals deliver better, tailored care thanks to a suite of digital tools and services. We ensure our elders are safer at home thanks to home connected devices. We’re building the digital care companion so desperately needed by families caring for their loved ones. It’s not only reactive care: thanks to the data collected, we predict and prevent health issues in the elderly.
Our values are to demonstrate our commitment through our actions: we care; we succeed together; we grow individually and strive for excellence; we are smart, brave and ambitious; and we nurture fun and a little quirkiness. Our culture is one of a flat, flexible, close-knit & transparent organisation, and were proud about it. You can read more here (https://medium.com/birdiecare/setting-the-foundations-the-company-we-are-building-78e1c73c3b27) .
- A flat, flexible, close-knit & transparent organisation.
- We believe in minimum management. You’re a grown up. We ensure objectives and results are clear, offering guidance and support when you need it.
- Our business rhythm is weekly because speed and focus are key in everything we do. We plan together and align in advance to avoid last-minute rushes. We have a consistent and regular schedule with 2 or 3 meetings where the whole team gathers (remotely or in-person).
- We share our Objectives, Key Results, Setbacks and Achievements to Birdiers and shareholders alike, and we are open with compensation packages and our strategic discussions.
- We function according to a philosophy of radical candour (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9GLeNCgm4) , which is very important to us. We say what we think! No backstabbing, no passive-aggressiveness, just humble honest continuous feedback to give guidance, not criticism.
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal. You can easily explain the benefits of a service, and can simplify complex topics in a way that anyone can understand;
- Curious, always listening and engaging to understand true motivations;
- You are compassionately competitive, with a desire to be the best and to pull your team up with you;
- Someone who gets things done and is willing to step up, roll up your sleeves and take responsibility;
- Ready to seize the initiative and drive improvement in your own and your team’s work;
- Comfortable with an ambiguous, changing, start-up, energetic working environment;
- Organised and able to prioritise your work independently;
- Someone who wants to learn, wants to improve and wants to grow in your chosen career and are committed to self-development, whether independently or with your team;
- Someone who resonates with and is happy to uphold our values (https://medium.com/birdiecare/setting-the-foundations-the-company-we-are-building-78e1c73c3b27) .
- Strong desire to work in B2B Sales Development;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to forge strong bonds with key stakeholders and speak at different levels of technical understanding.
- Report to the Head of Sales & Marketing and be responsible for identifying prospects, qualifying their interest, and booking demos;
- Book over 25 meetings each month with customers fitting our target profile;
- Be responsible for optimising the lead generation elements of the sales pipeline, with the goal of achieving a 20% improvement in key sales metrics within 3 months;
- Market Birdie at 3 – 5 conferences per year, with individual goals set for those conferences;
- Have a key role to play in helping to define our product and marketing efforts, logging and structuring the feedback you hear to improve our product, sales and marketing strategies.
- Salary (excl pension scheme)
- You will have 25 days holidays + bank and public holidays;
- You will benefit from a discretionary health cover (AXA PPP Healthcare)
- Pension: 5% Personal Contribution, 4% Employer Contribution
- Your role is eligible to the attribution of shares of Birdie at the discretion of the Board