UK start-up launching a new office!
Entry-level candidates welcome!
Drover is a London-based venture capital-backed marketplace startup offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: digital, flexible and at a fair, transparent price. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch, Forbes or CityAM.
Our 130-strong teamwork out of our London and Lisbon offices and we are now in the process of opening a 3rd office for Drover in Bucharest. In this new office, we plan to build out an energetic, proactive Operations team. If the idea of being one of the first Droverians in Bucharest and laying the foundations for what will become a 100-person office sounds exciting to you, keep reading!
As a Sales Development Representative in the Professional Drivers Team (PCO), you will be responsible for identifying and qualifying sales opportunities from the UK market for Drover’s Sales organisation.
You will play a crucial part in growing our business while having the chance to build a successful sales career. Your key objective will be to explain the benefits of Drover car subscriptions to as many customers as possible.
After introducing potential customers to Drover you will be responsible for:
- signing up as many customers as possible to our website
- once a customer is signed up, help them get their profile approved for a future subscription turning them into a "hot lead"
- pass on the freshly created "hot lead" to our Sales Executives Team - they will make sure your lead is converted into a car subscription
You will get the chance to be one of our first hires in the Bucharest branch and help us build our new team.
In your first 3-6 months in this role, you can expect to:
- Learn the Drover products, messaging and all the necessary tools to become a strong sales person
- Build multi-functional relationships with other stakeholders, such as Supply, Tech and Marketing teams
- Suggest creative ideas to increase our sales and improve our customer experience
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon and we are so excited to get started in Bucharest. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here
- Bachelor’s Degree from a leading university (or currently pursuing one) and evidence of exceptional academic performance
- A very high level of fluency in English
- Some experience in a previous customer support role (beneficial but not essential)
- A passionate, tenacious problem-solver not afraid to roll up their sleeves
- A charming people person with an infectious smile that would disarm the unhappiest customer on the other side of the line
- A can-do attitude and great communication skills
- An organised individual with excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity and constant change
- Competitive salary from 3000 lei (net, monthly)
- An exciting, dynamic startup environment with real career progression opportunities - nothing like a BPO
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s most exciting companies (Google, Facebook, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment
- 25 days’ holiday plus all public holidays
- Health Insurance
- Free snacks and breakfast every day, catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats (Budapest and Lisbon down, where next…?)