Sales Strategy & Operations Analyst
Salesforce is the enterprise cloud computing company and the world’s 4th fastest growing company according to FORTUNE magazine. Our portfolio of cloud computing applications, including our award-winning customer relationship management (CRM), has revolutionized the ways that customers manage and share business information. With more than 25,000 employees, over $8.4B in annual revenues, we are proud to contribute to the success of companies of all sizes and industries, around the globe.
3 years in a row in the top 3 on Ireland’s Great Place to Work ranking.
The Analyst will play a critical role in the Sales Strategy group, which acts as the company’s internal consulting arm for the sales organization. The selected candidate will share responsibility for identifying and reporting on key indicators of sales performance and market opportunity, using those findings to set the strategic agenda and drive projects for the sales group, and presenting recommendations to senior leaders. Projects will include business planning, market segmentation, pipeline analysis, coverage optimization, and ongoing performance measurement. Deliverables range from robust analytic models, custom performance analysis, scalable reporting infrastructure, and the packaging of findings into presentation-ready content for Salesforce executives.
The successful candidate will possess a passion for creating scalable, repeatable analytics, and innovative analysis, and the wherewithal to develop findings and recommendations that transcend the numbers. Ideally, this person will have worked or interned in a Sales Strategy & Operations environment, at a top-tier management consultancy, or in a comparable environment that requires business acumen combined with analytical nous, and will feel comfortable interacting with senior management on a regular basis.
- Assist in developing and delivering presentations for senior executives
- Drive improvements in our sales coverage model through scalable analytics
- Support ongoing analysis of business performance
- Inform executive decisions on a daily basis
- Assist in the design and implementation of optimum sales territories
- Expand the SFDC’s infrastructure with scalable reports, processes and tools
- Work cross-functionally to establish reporting standards
- Interact regularly with the sales organization and other areas of the company
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in an analytical discipline such as engineering, computer science, economics, etc.
- Expert in quantitative analysis, Excel and logical reasoning; experience using databases for analysis
- Creativity in developing actionable recommendations for presentation to senior management
- Succinct presentation and communication skills
- Self-starter and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative, start-up paced environment
- 1-2 years of work experience in sales strategy and operations, management consulting or finance is desired
- Experience running analysis using Salesforce platforms, SQL, Business Objects
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.