Who are we?
Everledger is an award winning technology company that provides a digital, global ledger to track and protect items of value. Using distributed ledger technology, Everledger immutably tracks provenance of high value items across their lifetime and provides this information to clients and other stakeholders who wish to track these assets. We consider ourselves to be platform agnostic, with core DLT engineering across both Hyperledger Fabric and Ethereum.
Based Farringdon in London with offices in Australia, India, Israel and the US, we have grown rapidly since forming in early 2015. Fuelled by our passion for innovation, our goal is to provide our clients with significant value through the application of blockchain, smart contracts and other transformational technologies.
We are looking for entrepreneurial individuals with a creative mindset and passion for emerging technologies and the digital environment. Leaders in their own right who can collaborate effectively to deliver high quality products and communicate ideas and concepts effectively to internal and external stakeholders.
Job Title: Scrum Master
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Term: Full time
As a Scrum Master, your role will be to help teams be accountable for the commitments they make. You will be responsible for ensuring that the Team adheres to Scrum values, practices, and rules. You will be expected to increase the team efficiency, motivate the team, guide the sprints and ensure that changes are made to ensure quality products are delivered in a timely manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
Facilitate sprint planning, grooming, reviews, and retrospective meetings and help the team stay focused and maintain their scrum tools (stories, backlogs, etc.)
- Support project managers and solution architects on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Help foster dev teams’ self-organisation.
- Guide the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delivery high-quality software in a timely manner.
- Assess the Scrum maturity of the team and organisation and coach to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
- Help to identity and remove organisational impediments.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Be an expert facilitator through discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improve transparency, and effectively communicate information.
- Provide all support to the team using an empowering leadership style whenever possible, and lead by example.
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of empowering leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous burndown technologies, various retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- The experience in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: various Burndown technologies, many Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.