We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to help accelerate and improve our development processes. You will help leading Agile oriented development efforts serving the engineering and product team in their quest to deliver value to our customers and maximize team productivity. You will be reporting directly to the VP of Engineering.
Lodgify is a fast-paced and entrepreneurial startup with a young, talented, international team of 60 people in the heart of Barcelona. We are a product-first company with a simple vision: empower lodging operators to build and grow their business through technology and help them become independent. Our software enables vacation rental businesses to easily create a bookable website and manage all their reservations.
- Leads team efforts in relentless improvement and facilitates the teams progress towards their goals
- Manage the entire scrum process by facilitating efficient daily standups, and bi-weekly scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings
- Identify and quickly remove impediments or assist team by finding the right person to remove the impediment.
- Own and administer our Issue Tracking system (YouTrack) to better suit the evolvement of our processes
- Define and track key KPIs to monitor and control the development progress and team’s productivity
- Motivate team and facilitate getting the work done
- Provide Product Owners with practical guidance and tools for effective backlog management, e.g. grooming, facilitation of requirements, etc.
- Guide the team on self-organizing to fully realize the potential of Agile/Scrum frameworks
- 2+ years of experience in a scrum master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Deep understanding of agile product development processes and principles
- Scrum Master training or certification is a highly valued plus
- Experience with an issue tracking system such as YouTrack, Jira, Pivotal Tracker, Redmine etc.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a willingness to get your hands dirty to get the job done
- Excellent communication, mentoring and interpersonal skills - able to work with a diverse range of personalities
- A facilitator and problem solver with conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluent in English
- Private healthcare insurance
- Meal vouchers
- Nice open office space in central Barcelona location
- Friendly and flexible working environment
- International team
- Fresh fruits, coffee & tea
- Regular ping-pong and foosball tournaments, plus other fun team activities!