On the dot has a vacancy for a specialist Scrum Master to join the Engineering Team.
The role will champion Scrum best practice, help development teams to improve their value delivery and plan and facilitate Scrum ceremonies.
We are looking for someone to join an existing London-based engineering team with offshore support in multiple timezones who currently use Scrum across multiple projects, with different levels of maturity. Over time, the intention will be to provide consistency of Scrum approach, style and output across teams as well as maximising the value that each team can deliver, using a pragmatic approach that takes into account variations between the teams.
For more senior candidates, we are also looking for an individual to lead the capture and reporting of metrics around team productivity and predictability and to drive continuous improvement across all teams.
Although On the dot works as a startup software company, it has the advantage of a large parent company with backing, and already has multiple development teams working on different areas of a large project. On the dot has an existing strong commitment to Scrum and pillars of transparency, inspection and adaptation.
For the Senior Scrum Master role, we are looking for someone to improve predictability and reporting across teams, build consistency of Agile process across teams. A high level of JIRA expertise will be essential.
- Scrum Master across multiple software development projects including mobile, back-end and web
- Using Sprints and Kanban as appropriate for projects
- Ensuring that the development Team adheres to Scrum theory, practices, and rules
- Leading and coaching teams in moving towards Agile best practice
- Preparing for and leading Scrum ceremonies
- Causing change that increases the productivity of the Team
- Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organisation
- Working with Product Owners to effectively manage the Product Backlog, maximising value delivered and facilitating events as needed
- Working with the Development Team to remove blockers, coaching the team and facilitating events as needed
- Ensuring good communications between teams happens where there are dependencies
- Reporting up and escalation of issues and updates to ensure good visibility of the team value delivery and progress towards key milestones
- Excellent communications skills and empathy with developers
- Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) from Scrum.org or equivalent
- Proven experience as a Scrum Master, using Sprints and Kanban
- Proven history of improvements made to development teams
- Experience of operating Scrum across mixed remote and local teams
- Expert knowledge of the Scrum Guide
- Clear, consistent communication about Agile good practice
- Expert knowledge of use of JIRA to manage development teams
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle
- Previous developer experience is a bonus
- Great location - in the heart of Shoreditch, close to public transport
- Talented team - collectively having delivered many best in class products at scale - globally
- Culture is king - dedicated to ownership and recognition of effort
- Contemporary tech - all-in cloud and committed to supporting emerging technology such as Serverless
- Training & Education - online training, group brown-bags, external events and inspirational books
- Pension - company pension contributions
- Healthcare - Medicash healthcare plan
- Fruit! - Fresh fruit delivered weekly to the office
- Travel - Ride to work scheme & Season ticket loans
- Social - social events and employee awards scheme