VELA GAMES IS LOOKING FOR A HIGHLY MOTIVATED AND TALENTED 3D ARTIST TO BRING TO LIFE OUR NEW WORLD THROUGH CRAFTING AND TEXTURING HIGH & LOW POLY MODELS
Were looking for someone who wants to be a part of the core foundation of Vela Games; someone who is passionate about being part of an early tight-knit team laser-focused on creating innovative game experiences, and a company, from the ground up. As a Senior 3D Artist on the project, you will be a key member of the content team, creating engaging and memorable characters, props, and environments via hard surface and organic modelling. You love playing games as much as making them and understand how to deliver a look and feel that will excite as well as engage players.
In fact, this person could be you! If it is, please reach out to us.
Vela Games is located in Dublin, Ireland. This is a full-time, permanent position and applicants must live or plan to live within commuting distance to the studio. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and company equity to all team members.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
● Create both high resolution 3D sculpts and final low polygon game assets that fit within the project art style
● Couple hand painted textures and next-gen materials for use in game engine
● Iterate on game assets with production artists via prototyping and group critiques
● Demonstrate a good understanding of light, surface qualities and composition
● Work collaboratively with an enthusiastic team of artists, writers, engineers, and designers dedicated to crafting
● Modelling, texturing, shading and lighting of exterior and interior scenes
● 4+ years of modeling experience in the games industry specializing in hard surface and organic modeling using Maya, 3DS Max, Zbrush or Mudbox
● An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
● Excellent communication skills: Ability to effectively collaborate with creative & technical team members
● Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
● Start-up orientation: Able to work creatively to solve problems as part of a small group
● Deep passion for multiplayer games and player experience
● Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Painter
● Knowledge of modular environment building
● Knowledge of Unreal Engine
● Experience on RPG, MOBA or Roguelike style games
● Skill in one or more related disciplines – visual effects, rigging, or technical art