Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will work closely with our CTO to help meet the day to day business needs of Echobox, primarily by delivering development, security and cost improvements through the intelligent application of DevOps principles.
- You will be responsible for the improvement, maintenance and quality of infrastructure and development pipelines.
- You will contribute significantly in the transition towards increasingly microservice based architecture.
- You will coach others in solid DevOps principles.
- You will maintain a working knowledge of the product codebase and contribute changes where required.
- You will be part of an out-of-hours ‘on call’ rota in case of serious technical problems.
- 2.1 degree in a STEM subject from a top tier university.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent understanding of common AWS services (EC2, Elasticache, RDS, CodePipeline etc).
- Programming and/or scripting knowledge to confidently create and manage infrastructure as code.
- Strong experience configuring and managing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environments (e.g. Jenkins, TavisCI).
- Excellent understanding of common *nix command line functionality.
- An ability and desire to learn new skills quickly.
- Genuine passion for diving into new technologies at the deep end (e.g. reading installation guides, engaging with OS communities, troubleshooting etc)
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong experience as a developer in an OO language (e.g. Java, C#, C++) with a focus on development efficiencies and infrastructure (e.g. checkstyle, TDD etc).
- Agile development (scrum, kanban, peer reviews etc).
- A working knowledge of software security and common exploit methodologies.
- RESTful web services
- Experience with infrastructure as code tool chains (e.g. Chef, Vagrant, Docker)
- Experience creating automated test environments for JS based projects (React, Backbone.js, etc), CSS and HTML5
We are a fast-growing, research-driven startup building an artificial intelligence that helps online publishers overcome the challenges they face with their digital strategies.
Using novel maths, data science and machine learning techniques, we are revolutionising the publishing industry and have a track record of building things that others have ruled out as impossible.
Our AI is currently being used by online publishers to automate and optimise their presence on Social Media. Leading names from around the world rely on our product every day, including The Guardian, The Telegraph and over 300 other leading publishers worldwide.
We work with people who have stellar academic backgrounds, as well as the ability to think innovatively. We have a very strong work ethic but understand the importance of autonomy in getting things done efficiently. We all enjoy a great degree of freedom in structuring our work, provided we are in the office most of the week and ultimately get the job done.