Overview of the Role
Ten is a leading global lifestyle management business with 20 offices globally and c800 staff.
Ten is undergoing an IT transformation, building a new hybrid IT infrastructure platform that will support business growth and innovation.
We are designing and implementing and new core network based on on-prem datacentre and cloud environments and implementing a new Global WAN to deliver reliable and efficient network services to our 20+ global offices to support the business critical applications and services. This is an exciting time to join the company and make your mark in terms of technology, people and process within the newly formed network team!
You will be the senior network engineer responsible for network design, engineering and configuration as well as operational 3rd line support of Ten’s network infrastructure. You will advise on decisions relating to network infrastructure developments and improvement and assist with roll outs and upgrades to the global network infrastructure. The Team works closely with the Voice, Server and operations focussed Sys Admin teams to deliver a stable and resilient infrastructure for Ten’s business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Day to day support of all aspects of the network environment (security, wifi, network) including fast and effective management of escalated support calls.
- Ensure the network components are fully monitored and backed up at all times.
- Design and engineering of Ten’s core data centre, office LAN and WAN networks including working with 3rd party solution providers.
- On a project assignment you will be working closely with the project teams and be developing new solutions based on business requirements. You will be responsible for the detailed technical netwok designs including evaluation, and documentation of providing technical solutions.
- Manage service delivery levels and proactively improve them where possible.
- Help support the infrastructure services aim to reduce the number of “Sev 1’s”.
- Develop and improve overall communications both within the infrastructure team and as well as to the broader IT organization and business, actively contributing to the IT Wiki on an ongoing basis.
- Identify and monitor daily activities, including Change Requests, Project deliverables and Jira Service Desk call queue responsibilities.
- Shape the core network infrastructure, globally, in line with the growth ambitions of the firm.
- Ensure documentation is kept up to date in line with change procedures and requirements of BAU management for the network infrastructure.
- Actively engage with other IT team members to help steer and define best practice that enables on-going availability, maintenance, support and development
- Maintain technical skills; identify areas for training and development in line with new technologies and feedback to Manager.
- Ensure that Ten’s infrastructure perimeter is protected.
- Actively engage in developing the Team’s processes and procedures to achieve increased service performance and availability and remove single person dependency.
- Responsibility for maintaining / patching the network Infrastructure.
- To have followed correct working practices whilst working in the Data Centre. This is to include items such as labelling, racking of equipment and cable management.
- To ensure that DR readiness is maintained for all designated systems and that all team members are familiar with what is required.
- To provide out of hours support for the business and other teams in IT when necessary.
- Continuously review and improve infrastructure Management Information and ensure timely delivery.
- Take a hands-on, methodical approach to identify and resolve issues.
- Manage risks and issues effectively with timely escalation.
- Be able to work on your own initiative, be self-motivated and to take on responsibility for solution delivery.
- Liaise with the wider technology teams to coordinate interdependencies and resolve issues.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors that supply services to Ten.
Technical Skills & Qualifications Required
- Strong routing and switching background
- Confident creating pertinent network designs and solutions based on business requirements
- Experience working witin a PCI-DSS network environment
- Sound understanding of Network, Internetworking Protocols, DMZ designs and environments. Key skills to Include OSPF,VRFs, HSRP, VRRP, IPsec, Spanning Tree and Packet Analysis
- Strong network troubleshooting skills (to include good understanding of TCP/IP), taking network traces
- Strong IPsec and Remote VPN skills on leading firewall and Cisco platforms
- Experience of administrating / configuring / troubleshooting firewalls
- Experience of administrating / configuring / troubleshooting two-factor authentication systems
- Administration / configuration of Solarwinds or other network monitoring tools
- Experience of Wireless networks
- Experience of WAN acceleration technologies
- Experience of LAN based security technologies such as ISE and 802.1x
- Experience of working within a VOIP environment
- Working with our MPLS or SDWAN provider for global office connectivity
- Experience working with load balancers
- Experience with VOIP telephony, ISDN and SIP
- Use of Skype for Buisness and Call Centre Solutions (preferred)
- Experience working in a highly available, change controlled environment
- Highly motivated with a passion for technology and technical detail
- A highly trustworthy individual
- Organised individual who is a good communication and can discuss technical subjects in depth, circulates important information and contributes to team discussion
- Previous dealing with 3rd party vendors
- Communication – provides documents that are clear, precise and understandable and communicates and presents in a clear and compelling manner
- Time management / planning – manages personal workload effectively, sets realistic and achievable targets and delivers to those targets
- Personable to the extent that they are able to deal with all manner of staff
- Ability to efficiently Identify and monitor daily activities, including Change Requests, project deliverables and call queue responsibilities
Ability to problem solve and perform detailed analysis, understanding complex issues and have the ability to identify practical / pragmatic solutions and focus to high quality delivery of these
- Ability to effectively engage with peers and other teams to help steer and define best practice that enables ongoing availability, maintenance, support and development
- Maintaining technical skills and identifying areas for training and development in line with new technologies
- Ensuring that DR readiness is maintained for all designated systems and that all team members are familiar with what is required
Must have experience of high pressure complex system environments
We think you’d love working here because:
- We’re a flat company, with no hierarchy
- We make decisions, we move quickly, and we get the job done
- We combine the best of both worlds – we have a startup culture, but the stability and backing that comes with being established almost 20 years ago
- There are realistic progression opportunities at every level – we’re growing quickly
We’ve assembled a three-part package to attract the very best talent:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against the most innovative companies
- A competitive benefits package including extra holidays (+5 after Y1, +3 in Y3, month-long paid sabbaticals after Y5 etc), a bonus for some roles, employer-contributed pension, discounted gym membership, etc
- An outstanding perks program too: we work with the very best brands in the world and our employee perks are taken directly from the types of things we do for clients including exclusive discounts, treats, access to gigs, invites to dinners, social events, industry employee rates at hotels / for flights, freebies, money-can’t-buy experiences, etc…
Millions of affluent and high net worth members around the world rely on Ten’s concierge service to support them with everything from the ordinary to the extraordinary. Our lifestyle managers are available around the clock and can organise anything that our members lack the time, expertise or contacts to plan themselves.
We ensure our members feel at home wherever they are in the world and our teams of lifestyle managers are based in 20 wholly-owned global offices and speak 24 languages between them.
Our 24 / 7 / 365 concierge service (online, phone, email, chat) covers all travel and lifestyle sectors, including: flights, hotels, dining, entertainment, events, and benefits.
Find out more at: https://www.tengroup.com/