At Bloom & Wild, we’re using technology to reimagine the experience of buying and receiving flowers, reconnecting people more thoughtfully to make sending flowers a joy and a delight to receive. In doing so were aiming to become the UKs most loved flower brand.
Were looking for a Senior Production Coordinator to join the team. Reporting to our Lead E-commerce & Range Manager you will use your managerial experience to lead our team of freelance florists and coordinate the end-to-end production process. This role is super hands-on, so we’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is happy to work behind-the-scenes to ensure everything runs smoothly.
Based in our lovely new London office, you’ll become a key member of our close-knit team. You’ll have the freedom to apply your initiative, expertise and experience to help realise our goals. This is a unique opportunity to join the UK’s second fastest growing startup and take part in the next phase of our success.
- You will manage our team of freelance florists who work in a variety of roles across the business, ensuring they are booked on the right jobs for their skills, give them clear briefs and goals to work towards, and give feedback where necessary.
- You will coordinate our monthly photo and video shoots, for both E-commerce and lifestyle. You will be responsible for booking photographers, florists and locations, as well as working alongside our florists to ensure that the correct flowers arrive on every shoot, in perfect condition. You’ll oversee the logistics of each shoot day including the shoot plan, call sheet, to booking couriers, and ensuring everything is loaded in and out efficiently.
- You’ll make the flower team at Bloom & Wild somewhere that each of our freelance florists want to work, by ensuring they feel like valued and supported members of the team. You’ll also be working to find exciting new talent, keen to join our flower team at each level.
- You’ll work alongside our Head of Expansion to help scale our workshops program by reaching out to potential venues, responding to inbound enquiries, ordering sundries etc.
- Lead on coordinating floristry teams and overseeing logistics for installations and events such as pop-up shops, press events, Chelsea in Bloom.
- Work with our Front of House to ensure that our Flower Studio is tidy and well organised at all times, as well as ensuring that the office is filled with beautiful flowers.
- On occasion you may need to help our florists with conditioning flowers, cleaning buckets, changing water and other floristry tasks. If this is new to you we’d give you all the training you need, but you’ll need a willingness to get stuck in.
- Manage our florist budget, which includes analyzing financial information (including spend on staffing, sundries and logistics) to ensure all projects are delivered are within budget.
- Keep calm under pressure and are able to think creatively to solve unexpected challenges that may arise
- Have strong people management skills, and experience in managing teams of 4-5 freelancers
- Have a demonstrated bias-to-action and a history of getting things done
- Have an analytical mindset and are comfortable deep-diving into spreadsheets
- Are a self-motivated, independent worker and able to act resourcefully without needing too much direction
- Will bring energy and positivity to the role, looking for every opportunity to learn and craft the role around our values: care, ride, customer first, innovation and delight
- Thrive in a fast moving, dynamic environment
Nice to have:
- Some experience of floristry would be an advantage but not essential, as long as you have a passion for flowers and the desire to learn more about them you’ll be well suited to the role
How to apply:
Please send through your CV and Cover Letter outlining your managerial experience (please specify the number of people you have managed and the nature of the work). Following this we will be in touch to update you on your application status.