What do Microsoft, The Gap, Royal Bank of Scotland, Lockheed Martin, and top Open Source projects like JQuery have in common? They all use BrowserStack, as do over 25,000 other customers!
BrowserStack is the industry-leading, cloud web and mobile testing platform that enables developers to test their websites and apps on different operating systems and mobile devices. Since launching in 2011, our mission has been bold yet simple: To be the testing infrastructure for the internet. 6 years and billions of tests later, we are ready for our next phase of hyper growth. Bootstrapped for the first 6 years, we continue to be profitable since inception with a near exponential growth in customers around the globe. Recently, we closed $50M in Series A funding from Accel.
In this technically challenging role, you will get the opportunity to work on a wide range of languages and platforms, including Ruby and RoR/Sinatra, Node.js, C/C++, Java, public cloud platforms such as AWS as well as private clouds, as well as mobile iOS and Android development. Providing developers with a great user experience is pivotal to us and we work on creating streamlined and integrated products that span Linux and MacOS/BSD, Android and iOS.
- Works on our cloud of devices, device hosts and service layers to deliver rich test automation, streaming, monitoring and security capabilities, on bare metal and on clouds, at scale
- Find solutions and solve issues around a variety of operating systems or programming languages
- Researching new technologies and adapt them to BrowserStack requirements
- Own and commit to all your work, and be accountable for your results
- Using and understanding code from Open Source
- Learning and coaching others in a variety of advanced skills across a range of programming languages, platforms, databases and frameworks
- Participate in a culture of quality, collaboration and continuous innovation, by engaging in code reviews, writing tech specs and automated tests, and engaging in regular tech talks and discussions
- Develop multi-tier scalable, high volume performing, and reliable user-centric applications that operate 24x7
- Scale distributed applications, make architectural tradeoffs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with alacrity and quality
A tech-savvy engineer based out of Ireland who loves solving challenging problems and is passionate about driving customer success.
- 2+ years of relevant experience (we have roles across a range of experience levels)
- Strong knowledge of Linux and/or MacOS|BSD operating system
- Ability to use operating system internals to debug and come up with new solutions for unique problems, including knowing your way around drivers, file system, swap, registries, kernel, custom installation, automation, internal APIs, etc.
- Good experience in at least one system scripting language like Ruby, Bash/Unix shell, PowerShell, Python, Perl, Groovy or similar.
- Also knows at least one compiled language well: C, Java or similar
- Comfort with and appreciation for Agile development and open source
- Startup mentality, high willingness to learn and hardworking
- Interested in startup and latest web technologies
- Experience of developing native apps and services on a mobile platform is a bonus
We believe in direct ownership of ideas and responsibilities in an environment where you get to learn a wide array of bleeding-edge skills. Were looking for talented, passionate and creative people, willing to give their 100 percent to building a high-class web product. In exchange, well provide you with some fantastic perks and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Macbook Pro
- Free lunch
- 25 days paid vacation per year
- Medical and Dental insurance
- A cosy office set-up with a friendly and fun loving environment
- Team outings
- Located in the centre of the city of Dublin surrounded by chic restaurants, pubs, multiplexes and more. Public transport is easily available with bus, Luas, and rail options direct the office
Prospective candidates should have good fluency in English and be already living in Ireland.