Job Title: Senior Software engineer
Salary: £35,000 - £75,000
Term: Full time
At Everledger, we are at the forefront of transformational technologies. We are building the world’s first platform for object provenance, providing the underlying story of high-risk assets. We are looking for individuals who are ready to make an impact and able to thrive in a rapidly growing environment. Exponential growth, amazing technology and talented people are all great reasons to join Everledger.
Everledger provides exciting opportunities using cutting edge technologies, cutting across multiple disciplines such as DLT, IoT, AI and machine vision. We consider ourselves to be platform agnostic, with core DLT engineering across both Hyperledger Fabric and Ethereum.
Everledger are a distributed team with four main operational centres around the world, and we’re looking for a number of developers to support the exponential growth and creation of new markets, products, and customers.
Our most successful engineers are able to work independently with little supervision. They have excellent organisation and problem-solving skills and hands on experience in software development and agile methodologies. If this sounds like you, we’d like to meet you!
This role is a great opportunity to learn about blockchain and distributed ledger technology, and to become part of a company with blockchain applications in production.
- Collaboratively work with cross-discipline teams to deliver enterprise grade products
- Scope out and deliver new functionality alongside project managers and solution architects
- Support system integration between various system development disciplines
- Develop high quality robust and scalable solutions
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- 5+ years coding experience
- Understanding of distributed systems architecture
- Comprehensive understanding of systems engineering
- Experience working with distributed, global teams
- Experience with microservices
- A keen thirst for knowledge and a willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience of working with Hyperledger Fabric or other Distributed Ledger technologies
- Deep learning, computer vision, machine learning
- Cryptography, Cyber Security
- AWS/EC2/ELB/S3, IBM Cloud/Bluemix, RethinkDB
- Understanding of database engineering
- Functional programming experience
- Working for an award winning company, for an award winning leader. (Take a look at what our CEO Leanne Kemp has been up to!)
- Working with technology on the forefront of innovation.
- Flexibility - in how you go about getting your job done.
- Autonomy - the team at Everledger believe in supporting and providing resources for your great ideas! True autonomy is at the heart of our culture.
- Opportunities for international travel.
- The opportunity for professional growth from wide scope roles and a rapidly scaling start-up.
- A positive atmosphere with our family of passionate people who love tech!