What’s the role?
Elliptic is looking for an ambitious, passionate, hands-on technology leader to help expand our cutting-edge blockchain analysis products. As a Senior Engineer within our web team, we expect you to have both strong coding abilities and a passion for developing a high-performing team comprised of engineers, data scientists, and data analysts.
You will drive forward the design and development of our Web APIs and Apps while building a positive team culture where you are supporting colleagues and empowering them to grow as technical leaders and people.
What you’ll do:
Overall you will collaborate with engineers to develop scalable, flexible APIs and intuitive UIs that enable users to achieve their goals efficiently and reliably.
- Immerse yourself in blockchain - how it works and the various services that use them
- Guide the technical implementation of at least one of our high-profile customer-facing web products (including associated internal management tools)
- Help make architectural decisions (and implement them!)
- Research, prototype, and recommend new technologies and frameworks
- Lead and develop a team of engineers - taking care of hiring, on-boarding, mentoring, career development, and performance management
What is the work like? What are the challenges?
From an engineering point-of-view the biggest challenges are:
- Ensuring our application architecture is fit for purpose - covering performance, scalability, maintainability, and security
- Designing for a mix of real-time responses, batch processing, and proactive alerting requirements
- Staying on top of blockchain developments, forks, etc. that could affect our systems
- Proven industry experience with modern web development and frameworks
- A passion for developing and mentoring team members
- Highly developed technical and people troubleshooting skills
- Comfort with asynchronous programming, be it callbacks, promises, streams...
- Good practical knowledge of data modelling - SQL and NoSQL
- Rigor in engineering best-practices (code reviews, automated testing, devops, etc.)
- A fast learner with enthusiasm for learning new technologies and applying them appropriately (avoiding one-size-fits all solutions)
- Been actively involved in working with Product Managers to set priorities
- Excellent communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Strong CS fundamentals, including good working knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and concurrency.
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Experience with data visualisation libraries (D3, Viz.js etc.)
- Expertise with data pipelines and analytics tools
- Appetite for discussions about economics, money, identity and privacy
- Interest in cryptocurrencies