For our expanding Madrid office, we are looking for a Senior UX Designer who is passionate about building a wealthtech platform that our customers love.
You will have a deep understanding of the product and the value proposition. You will know the processes of the product, and understand how our customers interact with them.
On a daily basis you will work with the design and development teams at the heart of the business to design, build and roll-out a product that delivers our vision and strategy. You will also communicate with the Product Manager to work together on prioritisation and adding value to the product. This means, together you are responsible for justifying the ‘why’, ‘what,’ and ‘when’ of every bit displayed across our application.
As a young company we are looking for people who are self-starters with a can-do attitude and an entrepreneurial mindset. As our team is still small, you will start out wearing all the hats of your function but over time also build a team to support you.
We value diversity in educational backgrounds and all other aspects of life. And if you are excited about disrupting the wealthtech space with us, we really want to hear from you.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our CTO Antonio (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly.
You understand the design process and most importantly the level of effort involved in order to make the right decisions. For our business goals you understand what it takes to our platform to maximise return on investment. You are the voice of the user inside the business and are passionate about the user experience. Finally,
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the business processes, objectives, requirements and priorities and communicate these to the team.
- Be able to deliver a consistent idea whatever the format is: wireframe, user flow, sketch or a simple conversation with your peers.
- Plan, define and execute user research in order to detect and analyse valuable insights that can evolve and focus the product roadmap.
- Used to run workshops with product owners, designers and members of the development team.
- Anticipate product flaws by analysing every user flow and user story carefully.
- Detect, define and explain complex use cases.
- Ability to iterate by using creating different compositions for the same interface or feature
- Understanding of Agile methodology and how UX is integrated within the process.
- Help the product owner maintaining the product backlog with detailed and prioritized epics, features and user stories with clear acceptance criteria.
- Work hand-in-hand with our design team. You must be able to identify potential design improvements as well as realising when design has improved your wireframes or ideas.
- Collaborate with the development team to review user stories and clarify requirements.
You have everything it takes if you are:
- 3+ years of professional experience as a pure UX Designer
- A flexible thinker who can make ideas tangible by using different techniques such as rapid prototyping, sketching, low-fi and high-fi wireframes…
- Experienced with UX research in order to plan, execute and analyse user’s feedback
- A doer with extreme attention to detail, but also someone able to see how a simple feature can affect different scenarios across the app
- Able to detect and anticipate interaction problems.
- Able to analyse data from different analytics sources
- Deep understanding of usability and design standards and latest trends
- Able to deal with complex visualisation problems and dashboards where an optimal visual hierarchy is a must
- Comfortable working with complex user journeys which incorporate third-party solutions and different scenarios
- Used to come up with innovative ideas but also follow strict guidelines when needed.
- Used to run workshops in order to analyse and collect information from product owners or other team members
- Experience in identifying process improvements, developing business process flows and writing user stories.
- Excellent decision-making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, detail-oriented, practical thinking.
- Team player, with strong interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge with peers at all levels.
- Able to justify decisions confidently based on research or UX standards
- Proactive and able to work independently
- Easy-going and outspoken personality
- Excited to travel from time to time to our London office to catch up with our team based in UK
- Of course, strong written and verbal communication skills in English - this is a must-have as you will speak with our London team on a daily basis.
Additionally, the following qualities will certainly help you excel in your role:
- An intellectual or practical interest in personal investing and the investment management / wealthtech space.
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Aware of the latest design trends and UX standards
As a young and growing startup that is also a co-venture between two world-class players in their fields, we combine the best of two worlds: access to the resources of strong partners and the agile environment to really make a difference.
Our operating functions are based in the heart of the City in London, the technical development team is based in Madrid. Both environments offer all the flexibility and perks that you expect from a small but quickly growing firm.
- On-site chef for lunch.
- A breakfast kitchen and fruit during the day.
- A budget for your equipment.
- Access to personal and professional learning resources.