Powered by Jaguar Land Rover (JLR), InMotion Ventures is an investor and incubator focused on the future of mobility and transportation.
InMotion’s Investment Team is an active early-stage investor in mobility services, data analytics, travel and lifestyle, e-commerce, and InsureTech.
It’s Strategic Business Unit (SBU) develops a new generation of proprietary mobility solutions and lifestyle businesses that create experiences for life.
About the Role
We are hiring a Junior Service Designer to help create and deliver service design strategies for new business being created by our Strategic Business Unit. Reporting to our Insights Manager, you would support our internal startups / subsidiaries in developing compelling customer journeys and consistent experiences that customers will love for life.
Our services are highly user-centric and involve both digital as well as physical touchpoints; we start with the customer and we aim to deliver superior experiences. You will champion and deliver the customer service design to transform the experience and value of our services, making them compelling to users, as well as attractive and sustainable.
As part of the Strategic Business Unit, you will work to develop a variety of new service ideas through to concept. You will assist with user research, speak to our customers and learn about them in-depth to create personas and customer journeys and service value propositions. You will then use design methods to transform customer experiences to deliver truly unique value for multiple stakeholders. We use an iterative mindset and expect you to prototype, test and learn constantly to improve our services. You will assist with the operational elements of the customer journey and track metrics to ensure success; how the customer interacts with cars, drivers, space and places in which services are delivered.
With your expertise, we will build compelling and consistent products that create value for the customer.
Develop the InMotion service design and experience strategy
- Develop and maintain the InMotion service design values
- Create a consistent/differentiated InMotion customer proposition
- Develop templates and documents across the innovation process
Work as part of cross-functional teams to create new ideas and create initial concepts
- Plan and facilitate ideation activities, including design workshops
- Support the team in bringing early stage ideas and concepts to life
- Support analysis and synthesis of customer insights
Define the service experience and design for a range of SBU ideas
- Develop the customer journey for priority concepts
- Translate customer needs, findings and requirements into designs
- Create personas, stories and identify moments of delight
For priority concepts develop design experiences and evaluate solutions through usability testing
- Support prototyping, developing wireframes and use cases
- Develop scenarios and customer experience service blueprints
- Translate the user experience across platforms and devices
- Communicate service concepts in visually appealing and informative ways
Work across all ventures in the Strategic Business Unit to mature the service design concept
- Provide expertise on user-centered design approach
- Craft user goals, objectives and success metrics for services
- Measure and track the service delivery, ensure learning is capture and deployed
Build strong business relationships and external partnerships
- Lead business relationships with design schools, universities and collaborators
- Research and adopt new design thinking, methods, tools and approaches
- Recruit and manage interns
Sebastian Peck, Managing Director InMotion Ventures
Lars Klawitter, Executive Director – SBU, InMotion Ventures
Carlyne Saldanha, Insights Manager, InMotion Ventures
Strategic Business Unit Team
A curious design practitioner who creates intuitive, simple, and beautiful designs that delights customers
- Conceptual thinker, co-leads creative and content teams to generate breakthrough on-strategy ideas
- Creative designer and researcher with strong visual communication, facilitation and system design
- A passion to change the way people view transport and modern convenience through service design
- Passionate about disruptive technologies and playing a pivotal role in shaping the future of mobility
- Resilient and detailed-oriented without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Natural ability to juggle rapidly changing priorities, switch context between projects and bring ideas to life at lighting speed
Technical requirements & experience
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier institution (minimum 2.1 or equivalent); a master’s degree in Service Design, Interaction or UX/UI Design, Design Management is strongly desirable
- 2 years relevant experience, preferable consultancy / freelance work in Service Design, Brand Strategy or Innovation
- Experience and a strong portfolio of work in digital and operational service design
- Proficient in sketching, visualising, prototyping and testing of service solutions in both early and late stages of development
- Clear and proven understanding of service design tools and methods including Design Thinking, developing Service Blueprints, Competitor Benchmarking, Customer Personas, Wireframes, User Stories etc.
- Experience designing concepts and building prototypes to demonstrate feasibility of customer journeys
- Knowledgeable of design research skills across qualitative and quantitative methodologies (able set up and conduct customer research, both contextual in-depth and remote large-scale)
- How to find the sweet spot between creative and management approaches to solve design problem
- Proven ability to deliver simple design solutions to complex problem
- Planned, executed and delivered consumer-based research
- Experience working in an Agile and Lean design and development
- Strong balance of analytical and creative capabilities
What’s on Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Awesome office in the heart of London, Kings Cross
- Free fruit, treats and desk beers throughout the week
- Work alongside inspirational founders, mentors and other startups
- Annual allowance for professional training and development