We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join the JustPark team and help us take our product to the next level.
JustPark is reinventing parking for the digital age. Our mission is to make parking easy - helping drivers save time, avoid stress and enjoy an easy journey every time. Our 5-star apps help you find a space in seconds, whenever and wherever you need it - and even let you reserve and pay seamlessly at 20,000+ locations.
Winners of Sir Richard Branson’s VOOM competition, backed by BMW and Index Ventures (Facebook, JustEat, Dropbox) and chosen as one of WIRED’s hottest European startups, JustPark’s award-winning service is trusted by over 1.5 million drivers - with the highest-rated apps and fastest payments in the sector.
JustPark is The Parking App leading the disruption of a £50bn global industry - and we’d love you to join us on this exciting journey. Plus, with a copious holiday package, generous stock options and free chef-cooked lunches every day on offer, we believe you might too.
As a Site Reliability Engineer at JustPark your responsibilities would include:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by advocating for changes that improve system reliability and development velocity.
- Provide on-call support for production systems.
- 2+ years experience building first-class systems in a corporate or start-up environment.
- Deep knowledge of AWS services, you should know your EC2 from your ECS, CloudFront from your CloudFormation; and your RDS from your EBS.
- You’ve worked with SQL servers of various flavours
- Running, wrangling and provisioning linux servers; we use Alpine, Debian and Ubuntu
- Strong drive for automation, almost anything you do more than once is automated
- Deploying and orchestrating Docker containers in production environments.
- You protect your infrastructure like a proud parent, wrapping it in multiple layers of security and applying patches promptly.
- Proficient with Git
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience working at a growing startup.
- AWS Associate or Professional certification.
- Worked with NoSQL paradigms such as document, key-value and graph databases.
- Relevant experience with the following technologies:
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Terraform or CloudFormation
- Grafana, Kibana or Prometheus
- A salary that is actually competitive
- Generous stock options to match
- Free lunch every day, cooked by our in-house chef (check out her Instagram: whatsjuliecooking)
- Flexible working - our normal working hours are 9 to 6 but we trust you to manage your time if something different works for you
- Laptop of your choice, youll just need to let us know whether you prefer Windows or Apple
- External training, conferences, and professional development sponsored by the company
- Quarterly team Away Days
- Early finish Friday for team drinks
- A monthly allowance to spend on parking at JustPark spaces
N.B. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK for this role.