We are on a mission to create a new kind of financial service. Growth Street is building a business banking platform to support the 5 million SMEs that power Britain.
We’re passionate about helping growing businesses maximise their potential, making applying for credit as quick and easy as possible. We have crafted an efficient marketplace for both borrowers and lenders, so they can get a better deal and a better service than the banks can offer. We are not a bank, and we are far more than an alternative lender. We are something better.
We are a rapidly growing team of 40 from all kinds of backgrounds. We are deeply ambitious, we work hard and we work together.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
What We’re Looking For
We need an Engineering Manager to work with our cross functional teams helping to design, coach and promote high quality, loosely coupled applications in conjunction with other experienced colleagues.
If you answer “yes” to the following questions, then we could be a great match:
- Would you like to be empowered to create high performing engineering teams who have a strong sense of autonomy in their technical decision making?
- Do you believe in the internet as a tool for achieving something worthwhile and does that motivate you to build innovative financial services products?
- Are you excited about being customer obsessed and data-driven in everything we do?
You will be part of a fantastic and energetic team that constantly demonstrates the values of being curious, being in-sync and beating expectations.
Our expectations are for you to:
- Lead, mentor and coach one or more teams of engineers of upto 6 in size.
- Play an active part in creating a motivating, supportive, happy and productive working environment for our engineering teams.
- Be an agile delivery enthusiast and help teams constantly improve their working practices.
- Own the development and delivery of an impactful roadmap of work for your scope of responsibility.
- Contribute to the evolution of Growth Street’s technology platform.
- Facilitate the professional development and learning opportunities for your team members.
- Continuously raise the quality of Growth Street engineering practices and platform releases.
- Stay informed about the latest technical trends to help resolve the opportunities and challenges our teams face.
- Minimise your teams exposure to unplanned/interrupt driven work and develop repeatable processes and techniques for doing so.
- Do you have the managerial soft skills required? You will be guiding skilled Software Engineers through some complex projects.
- Do you have proven experience and exemplary track record of leading and managing successful engineering teams delivering across a diverse product/engineering portfolio?
- Do you have a strong software engineering background in scalable, distributed environments with a proven track record as a technical leader on complex projects?
- Can you demonstrate your technical chops? Whilst you won’t necessarily be writing code every day in this role, you will be coding frequently with your team.
- Do you value operational simplicity over complex systems?
- Are you diligent, and inclusive when it comes to writing documentation?
- Can you adapt quickly to change?
- Are you collaborative and do you understand the importance of cross-functional communication to deliver effectively?
- Do you have a "get it done" attitude?
- A competitive salary with performance linked bonus.
- Employer pension contributions of 5% of your base salary.
- Generous training, equipment and IT budget.
- The tools you require to get the job done.
- A strong and clear company culture, focused on growth.
- Participation in an employee equity scheme.
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays.
The role is based from our London offices. We are located 1 minute from Aldgate Tube station.