We’re building the world’s greatest investment platform, with a tech stack to match. Rather than traditional VC funding, Freetrade has raised over £4 million through Crowdcube - meaning our investors are our users and our community.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to come join and lead our small, but growing engineering team. You’ll be one of the first engineers to join at this level, and you’ll evolve our architecture and take ownership of the design and development of core features. Plus, you’ll help us raise the bar for best practices, help us hire a world-class team with a brilliant engineering culture.
By leveraging GCPs serverless offerings like Firebase, Cloud Composer & Stackdriver, were able to build a reliable and performant platform with a small team. We use the real-time database, cloud functions and the other features like pub/sub to provide a frictionless investment platform. Were language-agnostic, as were focused on finding amazing software engineers who want to build something exciting with us.
In the first 6 months you will:
- Own the design and development of non-trivial features.
- Develop a deep understanding of multiple parts of our stack as well as the processes and technologies relevant to our fintech space.
- Help raise the bar for our team by contributing to best practices, automation, documentation, and hiring.
- Write well-tested software that has few regressions.
- Support operational excellence and make measurable improvements to our support processes.
- Our work culture prioritises speed, care and effectiveness and you’ll have the freedom to pursue your own ideas and solutions.
In the first 12 months you will:
- Convert group level objectives into key results for your team.
- Ensure the team can work efficiently and deliver value early.
- Grow your team by hiring engineers which raise the bar for our organisation.
- Provide ongoing feedback on your team members technical & leadership performance.
- Provide structured performance reviews to identify high and low performers.
- £70,000 to £80,000, combined with a stake in the company you’re building. We benchmark stock options to US tech companies, not Europe, so your equity will be truly meaningful.
- Our office is in a beautiful co-working space in Spitalfields. There’s an abundance of health, wellness and cultural events happening every day, and buzzy Brick Lane is just a street away.
- Flexible working arrangements and an understanding of what it means to be a working parent.
- Top-end health insurance for you and your family, life insurance, enhanced pension, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- MacBook Pro, new phone, snazzy headphones... whatever tools you need.
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup.
- Frequent team lunches in a thriving food scene, plus team away days in cool locations.
Freetrade has raised over £4 million through Crowdcube. The benefits of this versus traditional VC funding are:
- Your stock options are much more likely to be valuable - there are no special rights for investors to be paid before employees.
- We have more flexibility in how we take our product to market and build out our team.
- We have 3,000+ investors and 70,000+ customers on a waiting list without any traditional marketing spend - people really, really want Freetrade. We have just started the rollout!
Were very open about what were working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing community forumand our blog.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you.