At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007 as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto.
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the advantages of being public, offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and above all have fun doing it.
In our newest Fitbit office in Bucharest, located in the heart of the city, we are planning to build on the foundation laid by the Vector Watch team. We are looking to keep growing and this role will be fundamental to the continued success of Fitbit as we build exciting new products and services.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
About the Team
Fitbit is looking for Software QA Automation Engineer role to join our growing Web and Mobile Engineering team. As a Software QA Automation Engineer, you will shape the he future of Web and Mobile software for Fitbit wearable and fitness platforms. You will be responsible for creating tests for mobile application on Android/iOS, API tests, UI automation.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health & fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
A day in the life of Software QA Automation @Fitbit
What you’ll need:
- Promote an overall culture of quality
- Work in an Agile test environment
- Design and implement various test strategies for new and existing features with focus on growing the automation coverage
- Use a variety of quality assurance techniques to find, isolate, troubleshoot and report great bugs
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Collaborate with automation and tools engineers on developing efficient automation frameworks
- Mentor junior engineers on testing best practices, patterns and processes
We value experience on:
- To be proactive and passionate to learn new technologies
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of total experience in Testing & Test Automation with understanding of Quality Assurance methodologies and best coding practices
- Ability to work with Android Studio, TestRail, Git, CI tools (Jenkins), Firebase, Bitbucket
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills; ability to analyse crash logs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Cloud testing
- API test creation (REST APIs)
- Automation and test frameworks for Android (Espresso, Junit, UI Automator) or iOS (XCUITest, KIF as well as Objective-C and Swift)
- Familiarity with network debugging tools and protocols (Charles Proxy, Stetho)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with short release cycles
- Working in an agile development environment, preferably Scrum
- Good communicator and collaborator
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.