Strategy & Business Operations Manager
Funding Circle is the world’s leading marketplace for business loans. We’re taking on the global banking system and finding a better way for businesses to borrow and investors to lend, by connecting them together. We are helping small businesses to grow, creating thousands of jobs across the UK and changing the lives of business owners, and at the same time helping investors earn a return on their hard-earned money. Funding Circle is seeking a Strategy & Business Operations Manager to develop and drive business strategy and to tackle complex business problems across the organisation.
This role will report to the Head of Strategy and Business Operations, U.K. and will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with the Head of Strategy and Business Operations and the senior management team to shape Funding Circle’s growth strategy and business operations
- Lead the development of new growth areas or efficiency initiatives and improve existing business processes
- Work with a broad range of stakeholders to ensure development of practical ideas and lead the implementation and delivery of these projects
- Deliver successful cross-functional business change programmes including end-to-end project leadership, planning, collaboration with internal-external stakeholders and post-implementation support
- Primary activities may include:
- Evaluating new product development/efficiency opportunities and prioritising opportunities by developing quantitative business cases/financial models
- Leading cross-functional teams to deliver opportunities and drive value for Funding Circle
- Developing new market entry strategies and operational processes with senior management to deliver opportunities to the market
- 4+ years of experience*, including at least 2 years at a top tier Strategy Consulting company
- Experience working outside Strategy Consulting is preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to draw strategic insights from analysis and to communicate concisely and effectively with stakeholders across the business
- Motivated to take ideas from inception to execution including excellent project management skills
- Adaptability and willingness to roll sleeves up and get involved with all parts of the business
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - ability to work effectively and collaboratively with individuals from different parts of the organisation with different background and perspectives.
- Enthusiasm for a high-paced, team-oriented start-up environment
*The stated experience level is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.