Shaw Academy is the largest live online educator on the planet, educating thousands of new students every month. Our mission is to deliver great education accessibly and affordably to everyone, everywhere. We are looking to expand our teams with people who share our vision and enthusiasm to re-skill and up-skill the world.
Shaw Academy is looking to hire a Talent Acquisition Specialist to support the growth of this Irish Start up. Reporting to the VP of People Operations, this role will play a leading role in the effectively identifying and engaging top talent.
You will be involved in supporting the strategic direction of a growing People Operations team, as well as supporting the promotion of the Shaw Academy Employer Brand.
What you’ll be doing
- Proactively identifying suitable candidates through a variety of direct channels including web sourcing, social media and personal networks.
- Utilise targeted direct sourcing strategies, screening methods and selection tools to ensure consistent results and high quality candidates.
- Build and maintain a strong pipeline of candidates for all assigned vacancies to support continuous recruiting.
- Ability to provide data on the progress, success and challenges faced.
- Consult with line managers on current and future hiring needs.
- Ensure a positive candidate and manager experience during every stage of the recruitment process.
- Assist in creating and implementing a holistic recruitment strategy to support hiring goals.
- Track and report recruiting statistics and maintain recruiting system with an elevated level of integrity and accuracy.
- Manage the full offer process including compensation approvals & negotiations with both the line manager and candidate.
- Facilitate pre-boarding of employees to ensure new employees experience a smooth transition.
- Manage vendor relationships with external recruiting agencies where necessary and minimize utilisation of agencies by employing other lower cost and effective sourcing tools and channels.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Minimum 2 years’ professional experience in Talent Acquisition.
- Bachelor's Degree or Masters in HR or related discipline.
- Strong experience in in-house recruiting with demonstrated responsibility for full recruitment life cycle or strong agency recruitment experience.
- Self-starter, flexible and adaptable to constant change with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-demanding environment.
- Confident in managing a large portfolio of diverse roles from junior to senior management.
- Sophisticated influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong track record in consulting with senior business leaders and managers on the talent acquisition process.
- English to a native level is essential
What we’ll provide:
- Market beating basic salary in addition to an uncapped commission structure.
- Extremely favourable Employee Equity scheme in what is one of Ireland’s fastest growing companies and Europe’s largest EdTech firms with far greater ambitions and far more than adequate funding.
- Our full range of award winning educational courses - www.shawacademy.com
- A fun and exciting work environment.
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to change the world of education forever by joining our rapidly expanding technology-based firm with a foundation of real talent, and work with real innovators whilst achieving your own goals.
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 1 year
- Recruiting: 2 years