Origami Energy was founded in 2013 with a vision to make energy cheaper, greener and more secure. As the world strives to achieve increasingly stringent sustainable energy targets, smart and powerful technology is required to ensure our electricity systems are fit for the 21st century.
Origami Energy has developed intelligent, versatile and secure technology to optimally generate value for energy market actors in an increasingly complicated energy world. We provide our technology through strategic partnership agreements with some of the world’s leading energy companies.
We are looking for an amazing Talent Partner to join our HR team. The role is essential to the successful delivery of our strategic plans - by helping us attract, engage and retain key talent.
Your role will be to support us on our growth journey as we expand our UK strategic partner base and start to plan for our global ambitions. You will be in both the ‘now’, sourcing amazing talent, as well as the ‘future’, where you’ll set us up for success and inform capability planning and decision making at a senior level.
The role is be incredibly varied and encompasses talent sourcing, HR business partnering and projects. We offer flexible working arrangements, with your time being split between our offices in London and Cambridge as well as home working. Your primary office will be by the river in Vauxhall, with a free gym, roof top terrace, views across London and a bar. It’s a great office!!
Key areas of focus:
As a passionate talent professional, you will provide an efficient and positive recruitment experience for candidates and hiring managers, across the whole end-to-end talent attraction and onboarding process through to end of probation. Your role will cover a wide range of talent sourcing from Technology and Operations to Data Science/Analytics, Product, Sales, Marketing and Corporate roles across our 2 offices.
- Own and manage the end-to-end recruitment process for roles across the business – being the owner and main point of contact for recruitment enquires.
- Own the recruitment budget and control how best we utilise it - you will focus very heavily on developing our direct hiring strategy whilst balancing the needs of the business, agency usage and our people goals timescales and priorities.
- Key areas of project focus will be across: Onboarding and automation, Talent pipelining/attraction/retention, Diversity, Employer Branding including social media presence, Headcount Forecasting, Pay benchmarking, Maximising our ATS etc.
- Partner with our Line Managers and support them on day to day operational HR issues e.g. advice on policy, employee queries etc.
- Provide an exceptional and positive experience for all candidates and build strong relationships with internal stakeholder’s including providing advice on the recruitment market/talent pools and creating personalised recruitment plans and delivering best practice training.
- Ensure all vacancy and candidate tracking activity is managed via our ATS (Workable).
- Report weekly on activity and metrics (e.g. turnover/headcount) to the Exec team.
- We are at the forefront of driving technology into the energy sector - your role is key to delivering amazing talent from around the world to realise our company ambitions.
- You will ensure that we build our reputation as a great employer, reaching out to talent pools and establishing relationships with world leading institutions and sources.
- Part of your remit will be to utilise well-known and accepted tools, but we want to use them effectively and think differently to how we attract talent - we are in the early stages of this, so it’s an amazing opportunity to lead us forward.
- Look outwards, see who does amazing things and bring them in-house by delivering structured projects in conjunction with the HR and wider teams.
HR Business Partnering and Projects:
- We are currently going through a company-wide system transformation, and you will get to work across: Introduction of a new HR system and intranet, Employee engagement surveys (via Culture Amp). You will also have a great deal of scope to devise new projects and ideas, in a very open culture
- At least 2 years’ proven experience of working within an in-house Talent/Recruitment role, where you have had functional or company-wide ownership
- Ability to deliver both recruitment and HR initiatives
- We’re more interested in your approach than the industry you’ve come from
- Talented in direct sourcing for a variety of roles
- Experience of owning the recruitment process in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, typical of a technology start-up or growing business
- A passion for excellence and to represent the Origami brand and values
- Any technology recruitment would be great, but not essential
- CIPD qualified, but not essential
- Experience using the latest talent and engagement technology - if you have exposure to Workable, Culture Amp or Bamboo HR then amazing! (but not essential)
Key Personal Attributes:
- Extremely organised and self-motivated
- Proactive, not reactive
- Comfortable communicating with stakeholders at all levels
- Adaptable and flexible to change
- Can work off your own initiative
- Challenge back to the business
- Well-developed communication skills both written and verbal
- Natural attention to detail
- Highly collaborative
- Open to ideas
- Ability to establish rapport
- Passionate and inquisitive
We have an open and honest culture here at Origami, driven by our Values - find out more what our employees think. As well as personal support and development (and the opportunity to be at the forefront of revolutionising global energy markets), we offer very competitive basic salaries and benefits:
- Friendly and open plan offices - with flexible working hours and informal dress code. Free gym, a really good one as well.
- 25 days holiday (you can buy or sell extra days)
- Equity in the company
- 2 x volunteering days a year
- A wellbeing programme including life insurance, cash health plans, employee assistance programme, season ticket loans, discounts and cycle to work schemes
- Quarterly all-company meetings and recognition, plus regular team socials
- Enhanced maternity and paternity