At Elliptic, we believe cryptocurrency will play a huge role in the future of value transfer, and we care deeply about helping to build this future. In order for cryptocurrency to flourish, it’s important to prevent criminal abuse of the technology. Elliptic is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies. Our customers include the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies.
Our unique platform gives us an unparalleled understanding of cryptocurrency capital flows, using a combination of network science and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of transaction data. We provide anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software and investigative services to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyse more than $150bn of their transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and federal government agencies.
The company has offices in London and New York City. We are backed by Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.
What’s the role?
With customer numbers continuing to grow year-on-year, we are looking to expand our customer success team by introducing our first technical customer support role to ensure that we continue to give our customers the best experience possible with Elliptic.
We are looking for a Technical Customer Support Associate to become a product expert in all things Elliptic and be the ‘go-to’ person for our customer base through sharing knowledge, training and advice during the initial onboarding and on an ongoing basis alongside the day-to-day support of our growing community. Being the first of its kind, this role is naturally autonomous to allow the implementation of new tools and processes as we enable ourselves to scale further, whilst continuing to support our customers with our world-class service in an efficient way. We’re looking for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, sometimes unstructured environment where personal accountability is valued. This position may require occasional travel.
What you’ll do
Working collaboratively across the business, your primary objective is to provide an amazing customer experience to all our customers across the various stages in their journey with us. You will ensure that they are serviced quickly and efficiently whilst building a ‘trusted advisor’ relationship with them. You will take a metric-driven approach to reporting on our capacity as well as areas for improvement across our product and processes through sharing your deep understanding of our customer requests and issues.
Key responsibilities will include
- Leading the day-to-day management of all customer support queries in line with SLAs - including; account maintenance, troubleshooting issues, training requests and general queries
- Build and maintain a thorough understanding of the intricacies of our products, services and partners to confidently respond to customer queries
- Maintain a thorough understanding of our API documentation and capabilities to resolve customer queries
- Delivering expertise, education, and guidance to customers as they develop their understanding of our product and service offering
- Independently troubleshoot and investigate technical issues to resolve directly - understand application logs and error types
- Own incident management and reporting, working with the engineering team to proactively inform customers
- Perform customer training, including face to face sessions as well as wider group webinars
- Proactively monitor the automated customer onboarding journeys to assist Customer Success Managers in accelerating the time-to-value and reduce friction in the initial implementation process
- Liaising with Customer Success Managers and cross-functional internal teams (including engineering and product development), to improve the entire customer experience
- Create content and updates for the customer knowledge base in collaboration with Customer Success Managers
- Building and utilising automated, tech-enabled and content-rich interactions throughout the customer lifecycle
- Share customer insight and feedback internally to contribute to the constant evolution of the Elliptic solutions
- Reporting on ticketing data to influence our capacity planning and product roadmap, as well as detailed customer level reports to contribute to account business reviews
You’ll be a great fit here if you
- Are technically minded and enjoy being a go-to person and product expert
- Love speaking to customers and solving their problems, plus proactively helping them to get the most out of their investment
- Come with at least a couple of years of experience in a B2B customer support role
- Have experience using and implementing ticketing tools such as Zendesk
- Have a passion for problem solving and are goal-oriented
- Are a listener with an exceptionally high EQ and the ability to empathise with your customers when they are facing problems
- Are a proactive doer, embody proactivity, with a can-do roll-your-sleeves-up attitude, and don’t wait around to be told what to do!
Bonus points if you
- Have worked in the crypto industry or have a strong interest in cryptocurrencies
- Know how startups work and you have a strong interest in technology
- Have experience working in SaaS companies, particularly FinTech
- Have experience with writing SQL queries and data modelling
- Are commercially minded and enjoy contributing to customer growth
- Are an independent, high-achieving individual, able to stand out in an entrepreneurial environment and excel through self-motivation and personal drive
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Private health insurance
- Work pension scheme
- Shiny laptop and multiple monitors
- Budget for training materials, events, and conferences
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment with options for remote working
- Quarterly full day offsites
- Annual company 3 day offsite
- Coffee and beer!
- Being part of a business with a purpose, and the opportunity to work with a passionate team of mission-driven people who’ll stretch and challenge you
Elliptic is not a traditional financial services firm. We pride ourselves on having a laid-back and friendly ethos, while still expecting great things from our team. Fascinating work is the norm - working at Elliptic is never boring!
No recruitment agencies!