We are a Software-as-a-Service startup that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like House of Fraser, Radley, MADE.com and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications and app marketing. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day.
Poq was founded in 2011 by Oyvind, CEO, Michael, COO, Jun, CTO, and Mike, CCO. We have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Head of Product, the Technical Product Owner will be responsible for owning the delivery of the product enablement roadmap and improving the mobile application platform to make it more open, extensible and flexible. You will have strong hands-on experience with mobile app development and a keen interest in Product Management. You will be able to facilitate collaboration via Agile processes, break down complex technical challenges to manageable chunks and be able to articulate complex technical product capabilities into technical and product marketing level documentation. This role would suit an engineer with ample experience in platform development and with either some experience in, or an intention to move into, a Product Management position.
What you’ll be doing
- Owning the long-term vision of the product, inspiring the team to achieve the vision by effectively sharing your message
- Guiding new features and services from inception to launch while keeping internal and external customers at the centre of everything
- Developing and prioritising the backlog using agile methodologies, writing clean and concise requirements and facilitating collaboration
- Ensuring the iterative but timely delivery of your roadmap
- Defining key business and product success metrics and be responsible for tracking them and improving them continuously
- Creating and maintaining developer facing documentation of our platform together with your engineering team
- With the help of the Marketing function, translating complex technical functionality into product marketing collateral that the commercial teams can use
What we’re looking for
- An understanding of mobile apps and technology landscape (Native Apps, SDKs, iOS, Android)
- Strong knowledge of common API driven mobile app architectures
- Experience integrating REST API’s and a strong understanding of how well structured RESTful API’s work.
- Experience running or participating in agile ceremonies (including but not limited to developing a backlog, retrospectives, planning sessions, backlog refinement, sprint planning)
- Comfortable using Jira, Confluence, Github, Trello
- Software Engineering, Computer Science degree or similar
- Experience writing developer facing documentation is highly advantageous
- Retail, SaaS or ecommerce experience are highly advantageous
- Agile certifications are advantageous but not required
- Fruit, snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week
- Selection of breakfast options provided
- If you work late, we pay for your dinner and have it delivered to the office
- Team drinks (soft and non) every Friday.
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done a Segway tour, BBQs, Junkyard Golf, a Graffiti Workshop and more!)
We love spending time together as a team, check us out on Instagram. You can see more about our team here.
How to apply
Please complete the application form below and click the submit your application button to apply. To save time, you can import details from your LinkedIn profile.