We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Conference Producer who is looking to step up into the role of Brand Director with responsibility to produce, lead, grow and manage their own portfolio of events.
In 2017 Hanson Wade launched a Future Brands team with the remit to discover, develop and nurture new conference ideas – with the ultimate goal to build Hanson Wade’s next £1m brands. This year we’ve been immersed in things like blockchain, automation, data analytics across insurance, food & beverage, pharma, oil & gas, chemical processing and more.
What a successful candidate needs:
- A minimum of 2 years of proven commercial results in both launch and growth of repeat events
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit, tenacious, ambitious and highly motivated
- Demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- An interest to get involved in developing out ideas in a range of industry sectors; a willingness to get stuck in, build relationships and to learn
- Experience of strategy development or validation is desirable, but not essential. Hanson Wade will provide a 6-month training program into the role to embed core principles of Production, Topic Generation, Validation, Product Growth Strategy, Project Leadership, Portfolio Management, People Management.
What the role entails:
- Production of 2-3 events each year (at the outset, but to be reviewed)
- A strong emphasis on validation, the development of new conference ideas, getting deep understanding in key industry sectors to find new, niche and technical topics
- We will give you some repeat events and some guidance to help get you started, but there is scope to take the lead on the direction of your area
- Managing Conference Producers to deliver your own event ideas and ensure successful launch to market
- Full P&L; responsibility, with the opportunity to scale up the portfolio as quickly as the commercial results demonstrate market potential
If you have ambitions to run your own conference business – this could be the role for you!
Why choose us?
- Hanson Wade is one of the top 100 fastest growing SMEs in the UK and our culture is truly phenomenal.
- Our training and career progression opportunities would be hard to beat elsewhere.
- Our culture consistently remains at the heart of what we do.
Employee wellbeing is important to us, for example:
- We offer an annual personal learning budget
- We offer subsidised yoga in the office, have a running club that regularly enters into team events and a cycle to work scheme
- We provide free fresh fruit each week
We all get on well and find lots of ways to socialise through:
- Monthly social club events
- Monthly awards night and drinks
- Legendary twice yearly company parties
- Team dinners and activities to celebrate success projects