Wirex is an exceptionally high growth FinTech startup. With funding to date and another fund raise on the horizon; the business is on the forefront of the industry and looking to close the gap between traditional financial services & FinTech.
Three years ago we launched as Wirex are are already 250 employees and expected to grow to 350 in 2019. We are predominantly split between our Tech team in Kiev and our headquarters in London where we house our Marketing and Operations teams.
Due to International expansion we have opened up offices in Tokyo, Singapore, Atlanta and Toronto. We have employees on the ground in each and are scaling these right now.
This is an amazing time to join a high growth business and progress your career. Dual reporting to the CFO and Treasurer, you will join the finance team of four qualified accountants and treasurer. The role has considerable scope for development as well as prospects for greater responsibility and advancement. The role is very hands on and will involve a wide range of responsibilities as would be likely in a small finance team but will include mainly the following
What you will be doing
- Broad involvement in all treasury areas – cash and liquidity management, cash flow forecasting, letters of credit and debt management.
- Performing daily cash positions to fund operating accounts, oversee payment processed and execute treasury payments.
- Support treasury systems and banking implementations for new countries/cities, new banking partners, bank account openings and payment/collection types
- Advanced modelling to analyse financial structures, evaluate/monitor risks, and ad hoc projects
- Entity FX Revaluations
- Assist Accounting team with Month Ends and Year Ends
- Holiday and absence cover for other duties within the team
What you need
- 1-2 years of experience working in Treasury, Banking or Fintech
- Strong understanding / experience of ledgers, general financial accounting and statutory accounting gained, ideally, in a financial services and/or FinTech environment.
- Advanced Excel skills (including Pivot Tables, V Lookups). SQL is a plus
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
- Strong work ethic, ownership mentality, ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and execute in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Eye for detail, accuracy and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Able to work in a smaller company environment in a smaller finance team.
- Drive the global financial revolution
- Work on an incredible innovative product that combines the speed and flexibility of blockchain finance with the acceptance of traditional currency delivered via a mobile app
- 25 days Holiday and Christmas period off
- Grow your career and professional development at an innovative FinTech company
- Work in a highly professional and creative environment
- Work flexible office hours
- Central Location
- Health cover
- Regular team gatherings and social events