BitPesa (www.bitpesa.co) is a cutting-edge online payment platform that leverages Blockchain settlement to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and within sub-Saharan Africa. BitPesa's clients range from African businesses and multinational companies paying suppliers as far as China and Dubai to international remittance companies using our API services for white-label payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, and the DRC.
Our diverse team of over 50 employees spans across Nairobi, Lagos, Dakar, London and Luxembourg and includes former employees of Barclay’s, Credit Suisse, Wells Fargo, Moneygram, Deloitte Consulting, and PwC. We have raised nearly $10 million in funding from institutional investors including Greycroft Partners, Draper Associates, Pantera Capital, and Digital Currency Group.
Our company values are Accountability, Customer Centricity, Flexibility/Creativity, Resilience/Grit, and Teamwork.
The UK MTO Sales Lead is responsible for generating, qualifying and closing sales leads in the UK (primarily) and the rest of Europe for BitPesa’s cross-border payments service. As the MTO Sales Lead, you are required to manage and scale BitPesa’s sales operations across the UK. The key customer segment within this role is Money Transfer Companies/Operators (MTOs) and Payments Companies (FinTech) but the role will also require identifying other customer segments to approach, in the future. This is an exciting opportunity to help take Africa’s leading digital FX company to the next level. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable in a dynamic, growing startup, and equally comfortable networking with executives as analyzing sales metrics.
- Lead and deploy strategies to scale revenue growth across the UK with a customer-centric approach
- Ensure sustainable acquisition of new MTO clients and payment companies who trade large volumes at target margins
- Create and execute a thorough sales plan with annual goals that ensures growth, diversity, profitability and stability for the business
- Source, qualify and close sales leads that satisfy internal criteria
- Adhere to the sales process set out by the company to acquire clients
- Effectively liaise with internal and external stakeholders when required, to move deals forward in the sales process (working with Compliance, Finance, or Product)
- Reduce key-man risk and ensure there is a team approach to winning and growing our portfolio of clients
- Set an example of leadership, disciplined work, and cooperative team culture.
- Create and successfully execute a sales plan including but not limited to outlining a list of prospective clients, 12-18 mo sales projections and regional competitor/market analysis
- Develop quarterly, monthly, and weekly priorities with specific, measurable goals
- Actively source, qualify, and win new clients (generating sales leads from networking, LinkedIn, cold-calling, FCA data bases, etc)
- Regularly engage prospective clients (via in-person meetings, introductory emails, phone calls) following the sales process set internally
- Keep sales tools up to date regularly to clearly identify the status and success during the sales process
- Collect data from potential clients and coordinate with internal teams to complete each sale
- Calculate ROI on acquired clients to measure the success of the sale
- Actively participate in weekly meetings, providing updates and comprehensive weekly/monthly reports of sales activities and results to key internal stakeholders
- Train and support junior team members to actively source, qualify, and help win new clients
- Represent the company at regional conferences and events
- Seasoned professional with 4-8 years of experience in sales and marketing or financial services, ideally in payments/money transfer, remittances, mobile money
- Previous experience in successfully scaling business for payment companies in UK/Europe is a plus
- Access to a large network of local decision-makers within potential MTO/FinTech clients
- Proven track record of developing and closing complex sales deals from the ground up
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, presentation, and listening skills
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize immediate, short-term goals and simultaneously focus on strategic, long-term goals
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Google Suite Tools skills along with the willingness and ability to become familiar with company-specific sales tools/software
- Passionate about our mission to redefine how businesses make payments to and from Africa
- Willingness to be based in London and travel within Europe
- University Degree
Ideal but not required:
- Experience living or working in sub-Saharan Africa
- Multilingual - French or Spanish or Italian speaker
Compensation will be based on level of experience with the opportunity to earn sales bonuses tied to key deliverables