Job description: UX Researcher
Location: Angel, London
Reporting to: Head of Product & Design
Start date: flexible
Position: Full time
Salary: depends on experience
Experience: 3-5 years as a UX Researcher
gohenry was founded by parents as a pocket money app for children linked to a Visa debit card. It has since gone on to become the leader in the UK market with over 500,000 active parents and children.
It’s mission is to make ‘millions of kids good with money’. The product is built around core money pillars of ‘Earning, Spending, Saving and Giving’. Aligned to this mission, the gohenry product vision is to make a ‘smart money app that grows with you’ empowering kids to learn by doing.
The business has 4 locations, Lymington is the base of the operations team with a small office. We have a dedicated member services team of around 50 people in Farnborough, Hampshire. The main management team is based in Angel, London where there are another 50 people across, product, development, data, marketing and finance. We also have an outpost in Toronto where our US operation is run from.
About the role
You are an experienced user researcher and have spent a number of years working on consumer facing digital products - ideally mobile products in a startup environment. You have a good understanding of the UX research methodologies and techniques used to uncover problems and reveal valuable insights about our users. You will know how to feed your findings into the Product team at gohenry and help us gain a deeper understanding into our users needs.
You will work alongside designers, product managers and brand to help evaluate ideas and thus inform the product strategy. You’ll have the opportunity to play a vital role in continuing to develop the gohenry’s user experience. Bonuses would be to have some experience working within the youth sector as well as an understanding of both the UK & US market.
In 2018 we updated our brand and are poised to make considerable improvements to our product in 2019. We are continuing expansion in the USA having launched there in 2018, this growth will accelerate in 2019.
Right now our product team is small but growing and consists of a Product Director, Head of Product & Design, 2 Product Managers, UX lead, UI lead, 3 x UI designers and 1 UX designer. We are looking to increase our research capacity and those who choose to join us will have an opportunity to lead the direction we take.
- Work in partnership with the UX designers and product managers.
- Evaluate our current user base and product roadmap and help determine where we should focus our research efforts to meet our goals.
- Planning/conducting quantitative research, including interviews, contextual inquiries, diary studies, personas, card sorting, and usability testing (in-person/remote/online tools).
- Instigate and work with the data team to carry out quantitative research, review relevant analytics, analyze data and report findings to the product team.
- You will organise the recruitment of people and carry out regular user testing sessions with existing and prospective gohenry users.
- Carrying out journey mapping, personas, analytics, analyze data and report findings.
- You will be expected to explore bigger themes and questions we have. Both identifying and evaluating hypotheses.
- Ensuring you stay abreast of digital & consumer trends, enabling you to generate ideas to help improve our core product.
- Researching our audience in both the UK, US market and beyond.
- Analyse and sharing findings across the product team and wider - be an evangelist and the voice of our customers.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in this area or equivalent work experience in user research or Interaction design.
- Analysis experience - quantitative and qualitative
- An understanding of mobile interaction design and development
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team.
- Experience working in Agile or Lean product teams.
- Adept at making users feel at ease.
- Enjoy taking the initiative, being proactive, while being well organised, responsible and efficient.
- Experience working within a consumer business (Fintech would be useful).
- Ability to convey your ideas via strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage projects along with a proven ability to multitask, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment, and react quickly to changes in direction.
Working at gohenry
- We’re a purpose-driven, customer first organisation: we seek to deliver quality, delight our users, and we always put the needs of our community at the forefront
- gohenry’s HQ is in central London (in Angel)
- We offer competitive compensation and flexible working
- The environment offers independence, a collaborative workflow, and we give our employees a lot of freedom and ownership over their projects
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Westfield Health Cash Plan
- + other perks
- Training opportunities to further develop your craft
- It’s a perfect environment for people looking to join a fast growing, established start-up
- gohenry was founded and funded by parents to help the next generation gain confidence with managing money in a digital and cashless world
So, if you answer YES to the following, we would love to hear from you –
- 3+ years’ experience as a UX researcher.
- Have you worked on mobile B2C products?