We’re looking for a UX / UI Design Lead Instructor for our courses with a passion for user experience design, and also a passion for sharing their knowledge with the next generation of UX/UI designers. You need to be a strong communicator and very patient -- you’ll need to be able to explain abstract concepts to first-time designers and walk them through the entire design process.
- Availability to teach in-person at our Barcelona campus in Utopicus, Plaça Catalunya from 9am-6pm starting September 2018.
- 3-5+ years of design experience in the UX/UI industry, preferably in a leadership role.
- Technologies & skills with good understanding of:
- UX/UI design process and design thinking methodology
- UX/UI best practices
- UX strategy & research
- Information Architecture
- Business Design
- Design patterns and heuristics
- Strong visual design skills
- Typography, colors, layouts, grids, style guides
- Proficient with SKETCH design software
- Familiar with scalable design systems
- Prototyping tools - InVision
- Usability testing
- Other skills that would be useful to have
- Experience with GV Design Sprints
- Experience with Flinto, Marvel, Framer
- Passion for education: although we don’t require previous formal teaching experience, we’re looking for people that enjoy teaching/mentoring others and that are involved in the UX/UI design community
- Experience managing and keeping a team motivated. Can-do attitude and a good sense of humor
- Passion for feedback and mentorship
- Great communication skills and an ability to capture people’s attention :)
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Start: September 2018
UXER SCHOOL is an education startup that was founded to change the way we learn about design. We offer immersive learning experiences to extremely motivated students who want to change career directions or accelerate their current professional trajectory.
Some quick facts:
- Founded in the winter of 2017
- We were previously founders of "UX Academy", the most extensive community of professionals in UX DESIGN in Spain with more than 5500 members
- Operations in Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Bilbao and soon other cities
- 100%+ YoY Growth (help us to keep it going!)
- Already graduated over 800 students
- Highly motivated team and more than 60 mentors involved
- We work with the main companies in the country in close collaboration to grow their professionals
But we’re really just getting started. Come join us and make a difference!
- Attend our other courses for free
- Flexible work environment
- Inspiring workplace and smart, passionate team
- Cool events year round
- A community of passionate design enthusiasts