InMotion Ventures (InMotion) is an investor and incubator focused on the future of mobility and transport. The Strategic Business Unit (SBU) is responsible for turning mobility service ideas into pilots and ultimately into businesses. InMotion is wholly owned by Jaguar Land Rover (JLR).
About the Role
An experienced UX/UI designer is sought to work end to end as the sole designer on a range of forthcoming and active services. They will be involved in conceptualisation, research and value proposition development before leading successful concepts through the design process to high fidelity implementation in order to launch companies. The role requires a mix of strategic thinking and hands on design, someone capable of managing both and effectively shaping their own role. InMotion services have JLR Board of Management exposure and are a pillar of the JLR Mobility Services Strategy. Given this prominence, a high-quality candidate is required to:
- Adopt a design thinking approach to understand customers and their problems and draw key insights informing the design requirements.
- Review key insights and participate in generating solutions and concepts.
- Work with the wider business to develop and mature service concepts.
- Build prototypes and MVPs to generate customer and stakeholder validated learnings and prove design concepts.
- Take digital products through the design process to launch.
- Develop products iteratively, responding to new insights and testing.
- Work together with both internal and external technical teams to build designs accurately.
- Source and manage freelance or contract designers to assist with extra workload or tasks outside of the UX/UI expertise.
- Own the entire design process for multiple services.
- Support the service designer and other team members to understand the mobility market, generate and refine service concepts.
- Support project leads to develop companies, advise on what is required and define the strategy for design implementation.
- Design and test experiences, flows and user interfaces for Native iOS, Android and web.
- Take ownership of the delivery of designs, working with internal and external technical teams to ensure high quality end product.
- Run workshop and design sprints to help the team align on issues and solve problems quickly.
- Manage external agencies to deliver brands and wider design collateral.
- Monitor and report on design and product metrics to ensure they align with and are meeting business goals.
- Report into the Executive Director to define design strategy within the overall business and help refine wider strategy of company incubation.
Sebastian Peck, Managing Director, InMotion Ventures
Lars Klawitter, Executive Director, Strategic Business Unit
Alexander Walton Masters, Project Lead, Liquid
Graeme Banister, Project Lead, Carpe
Carlyne Saldanha, Service Designer
Bijoy George Cherian, Product Manager
- A natural team player – always reliable, displaying genuine commitment to the business, communicates openly and with confidence, respects others.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills – setting targets and always delivering on agreements.
- An analytical mind with experience responding to data in order to improve designs.
- Ability to deliver goals under pressure and take on a wide range of responsibilities without neglecting quality standards.
Technical Requirements & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field.
- 3+ years of professional experience, with experience either as a standalone designer or as a leading contributor in a design team.
- Portfolio of high impact, detail-oriented design showcasing the entire design process from inception to end product.
- Design experience in Sketch or Figma and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Prototyping experience (Framer, Marvel, InVision, etc) as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Ability to design for all common platforms (web, iOS, Android)
- Experience organising and moderating user testing.
- Experience working in an agile, scrum environment.
What’s on Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Awesome office in the heart of Kings Cross, London
- Free fruit, treats and desk beers throughout the week
- Work alongside inspirational founders, mentors and other startups
- Annual allowance for professional training and development