Why this is an amazing opportunity
This is a newly created position which will see you taking responsibility for ensuring we meet with rigorous regulatory compliance standards, whilst maintaining and supporting our ambitious international growth plans.
As Head of Risk & Compliance you will be applying the UK regulatory standards required by the FCA, together with an awareness of the regulatory environment in the many jurisdictions in which we will operate across the world. You will be exposed to various areas of the business in the UK and around the world and be at the forefront of fostering a high compliance culture within Tide.
Why join Tide
Financial services for small businesses are broken: Tide is fixing them. Our members open a business current account in 5 minutes and get instant access to an integrated set of all the financial services they need to run their business in a simple mobile and desktop environment.
Tide has recently launched with £millions funding from leading venture capital firms (Anthemis, LocalGlobe and Passion) and industry insiders. We have been featured in the technology press including TechCrunch, The London Evening Standard and City AM. Our member base has been growing every day since our public launch at the end of January. As we continue to grow out both our team and product scope we hope to further engage our existing members, as well as acquiring new ones.
As the Head of Risk and Compliance your responsibility is to ensure that the business has effective systems, procedures and controls to mitigate financial crime risk in compliance with requirements and standards under the UK and other foreign regulatory systems.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that the business has effective systems, procedures and controls for compliance with requirements and standards under the regulatory system, including risk management, financial promotions, client categorisation, anti-money laundering
- Identifying gaps in compliance and address those by implementing systems, procedures and controls and working with business systems to implement them
- Acting as the nominated Money Laundering Reporting Officer and discharging the duties in accordance with local regulatory and internal requirements and obligations
- Assisting with the compliance risk assessment process ensuring that the regulatory risks are appropriately identified and assessed
- Providing internal training on regulatory topics in order for the business to keep abreast of regulatory issues and to enhance individual ownership of risk and fiduciary responsibilities
- Maintaining effective relationships with the FCA and any other regulatory bodies and ensuring rigorous compliance with ongoing reporting obligations
- Maintenance of documented and effective compliance procedures consistent with internal standards, business goals and attitude to risk
- Monitoring the performance of the Compliance Programme and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness
- Providing reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, keep senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts
- Implementing a compliance culture and effective company systems and controls to ensure regulatory compliance
- Excellent and detailed knowledge of the UK financial services regulation with a global mind-set. and ability to develop complex worldwide compliance programmes
- Ability to continuously encourage high compliance awareness and buy-in from business
- Strong regulatory and financial reporting skills
- Ability to engage confidently with senior management, board and regulatory bodies
- Innovative, strong decision making and problem solving ability
- Implementing compliance policies, keeping up to date with changes and devising and implementing changes where necessary
Who we are looking for; track record must haves
- Experience working in a Compliance Management/Head of Compliance capacity at an international financial services, credit or payment organisation
Excellent knowledge of current and proposed laws in the UK/FCA credit and investment
We pay competitive startup salaries, including share options. We believe that candidates which are passionate about what they do, and work hard to create the best product for the end user, should share in the success of the company.
- Working in a fun and collaborative co-working space
- Monthly company socials