Sustainable Ventures (“SV”) originate and grow new businesses spanning energy efficiency, e-mobility, smart home applications, connected cars and circular economy. Focusing on innovation and collaborative exchange, SV develop commercial propositions which address real-world environmental issues. Successes to date include E-Car Club, the UKs first entirely electric pay-per-use car club and first successful crowdfunded venture exit with its acquisition by Europcar and Powervaultwhose intelligent home battery is transforming domestic energy storage and are currently working with Renault on trialling second-life EV batteries provided by the carmaker in their home storage units.
Sustainable Ventures are looking for an ambitious and versatile individual to lead the technical and commercial development of an emerging new concept focussed on e-mobility, integrating the latest innovations in vehicle and charging technologies. The Venture Manager will receive strategic and technical direction from the Sustainable Ventures Development Director but will be expected to work independently on pre-assigned project work without significant day-to-day guidance.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently, taking initiative and ownership of assignments. He/she will possess an entrepreneurial mindset with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to build and maintain productive relationships.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage technical development of product from prototype to field trail including the writing of specifications for hardware and software development.
- Communicate technical knowledge and monitor progress of prototyping and product development processes.
- Lead the project management of a collaborative feasibility study.
- Lead on technoeconomic and commercial modelling, financial planning and business plan writing.
- Research, analyse and evaluate technology markets, identifying and quantifying new opportunities
- Write grant proposals to support these opportunities.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders and secure partnerships.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate experience and aptitude for each of these functions, obtained through professional experience, educational attainment, or voluntary activities, in their application.
Potential candidates will be expected to exhibit the following characteristics:
- A 1st or upper 2nd class undergraduate degree from a leading university.
- 1-3 years’ relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrable experience/interest in technology innovations.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to convey complex technical and commercial information in concise and convincing business proposals, adapting content to different audience requirements. Fluency in written English is imperative.
- Possess outstanding interpersonal skills, with the confidence to engage with start-up management teams, technologists, and external partners.
- Demonstrable experience of project management.
- Proven organisational skills for managing multiple projects simultaneously, co-ordinating deliverables and meeting deadlines. Time management skills are imperative.
- Strong commercial awareness and be able to utilise your initiative
- IT literate, proficient with MS packages.
- A post-graduate qualification from a leading university in business, economics, technology or sustainability.
- Experience of, or a strong desire to work in a start-up environment.
- Knowledge or experience of the e-mobility and energy sectors, including technological and commercial innovation in areas such as charging infrastructure, energy storage, grid balancing services and vehicle-to-grid (V2G).
- Knowledge or experience of product design, development and transfer to production processes (e.g. CE approval process).
- Knowledge or experience of product and innovation commercialisation, including Intellectual Property (IP) related issues.
- Good understanding of blockchain technologies, and how these could be applied in the e-mobility and energy sectors, would be highly regarded.
- Good understanding of programming technologies used in embedded devices, Internet-of-Things applications, backend development and data science (e.g. Python), would be highly regarded.
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate, and drive forward projects against specific budgets and timeframes
The role offers unparalleled exposure to several exciting start-ups, with numerous opportunities for long-term career progression as SV continues to scale. Based at Sustainable Ventures co-working space, ‘Sustainable Bridges’, candidates can expect a lively and engaging work environment amongst a diverse range of innovators.
REMUNERATION: depending on experience + discretionary bonus
LOCATION: London Bridge