We are on the lookout for a VP of Engineering or someone with previous experience as CTO/Head of Development to lead the entire software development organization for one of hottest startups in Barcelona. We have a strong Product Development team currently made out of 15 professionals with aggressive growth plans. You will report directly to the CTO and founder. You will have the opportunity to join the management team and lead a business with a product-first mindset and passion for technology and product quality.
You will be in charge of:
- Lead Lodgify’s software development organization and provide technology leadership for all products and services offered by Lodgify
- Manage and inspire a growing team of software engineers
- Grow Lodgify’s software development team through hiring and retaining top talent
- Define the process that ensures the delivery of high quality, high availability, highly reliable, scalable, and secure systems
- Define, implement, and oversee a highly effective and flexible development process that delivers our product roadmap and business objectives whilst offering a collaborative welcoming environment for team members
- Work with our CTO and Tech Leads to define and deliver the technical vision for the platform
- Collaborate with other Lodgify Teams (e.g. Product Management, Marketing, Business Development, etc.) to build new features and products.
- Work in strong partnership with senior product leaders to define and drive execution of the product roadmap
What you have:
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience as Engineer, either as Developer preferably using .NET or Frontend technologies, or as Devops using Linux.
- Experience in managing a team of engineers either as Head of Development, CTO or VP of Engineering
- Experience working for a successful tech startup and scaling the engineering team
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire a talented and creative technical team to perform at the highest level
- Experience and expertise in growing and scaling software development teams, including hiring, developing, and retaining top talent within the industry
- Proven ability to efficiently manage the software development life cycle in an Agile environment
- Experience in Implementing reliable and efficient processes to accelerate development and improve quality
- Entrepreneurial thinking and a hands-on problem solver
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Very good level of English
You’ll receive a competitive salary plus stock options, meal vouchers, private health insurance and relocation support if needed.
We really care about personal growth and as part of a team of senior developers who regularly attend tech conferences and events, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn with us.
By joining us youll become part of Lodgifys friendly international team and also enjoy our team events and playing table tennis or foosball in our bright office in the center of Barcelona