Geoblink is a fast-growing startup that has already raised close to $8 million in investment from leading venture capital firms and was named by Bloomberg as one of the 50 most promising startups in the world! Our goal is to revolutionize how businesses in the Retail ecosystem drive their strategy utilizing Location Intelligence. We leverage GIS technologies, Big Data and advanced analytics to create a beautiful map-based user interface that not only provides lots of awesome statistics but, also a great experience for our users.
About our Tech
Our systems are built using an SOA approach that allows us to deploy multiple times on a given day. We ❤️ monitoring, pull requests, iterative approaches, continuous integration, and automated testing. We move fast but put a lot of thought into the design of our architecture and data processes so that they are simple and scalable. We write clean, modular code to produce great software and accurate insights that solve the needs of our clients.
We have high standards not just for the things we build, but also for our culture and the development of the people in our team. We foster an inclusive atmosphere of humbleness and respect where ideas are shared and feedback is used to promote quality and innovation. Some initiatives we have in place are Hackathons twice a year, bi-weekly tech talks, personal development budget for books, training and conferences and time for side projects every other Friday.
You can visit our Tech blog to learn more about the projects and technologies at Geoblink.
As Geoblink’s VP of Technology, you will be reporting to the CEO and you will be responsible for managing and scaling a team of 20-30 Engineers, Data Analysts, and Scientists based mostly in our Madrid office. You will be given the opportunity to design and roll-out key initiatives to increase your team’s performance, happiness, and overall diversity. From day one, we expect our VP of Technology to supervise our architecture to ensure efficiency, high performance, excellent quality, availability, scalability, and security. Other responsibilities will involve:
- Leading and coordinating Engineering and Data areas at Geoblink, establishing the correct best practices as a foundation for the team to achieve its goals
- Leveraging state of the art technology trends to achieve operational excellence and product superiority
- Leading the design and implementation of the architecture for the most complex systems of Geoblink
- Finding creative, feasible and on-budget solutions to the complex technical challenges Geoblink faces in the implementation of some of our product requirements
- Devising the delivery strategy to ensure code quality, organization, reusability, systems security, and automatization
- Creating and enforce a monitoring strategy and 24x7 SLA policy for our products
- Establishing and managing development processes for continuous delivery
- Monitoring KPIs and OKRs in the team to deliver the best performance, growth and customer experience
- Devising and implementing the best team structure with the correct roles and skills to achieve efficiency in the deliveries
- Defining the technical strategy of Geoblink by defining goals and roadmaps
- Implementing a strategy to attract and retain top technical and diverse talent, and work alongside our People Operations team to execute it
- Managing engineering and operational budgets and forecasts
- Coaching and mentoring technical leads, senior engineers and data analysts to establish a culture that fosters personal growth
- Ensuring transparent and open communication across the company
- Working side by side with Product, Marketing and Business teams to align on company initiatives and understand how technology can provide the right solutions
- Previous experience as CTO or VP of Technology or a similar leadership role within a high-growth startup
- Great understanding of best practices both at low level (code structure, development tools, systems maintenance) and high level (architecture layout, patterns, security, team communications)
- Experience architecting and building cloud-based solutions that cope with high volumes of data (we use AWS and GCP)
- Experience in implementing automated testing platforms
- Experience driving design and implementation of systems that communicate with third parties
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities with a strategic mindset
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies and frameworks
- Experience in the management of cross-functional teams
- Experience managing budgets and business-planning
- Excellent communication skills, with fluency in English
Why work for Geoblink
Everyone at Geoblink is passionate about their job, whether it be growing business ROI or building complex data systems. People join us not just for the flexibility that we offer but because we have worked hard to foster a collaborative environment filled with plenty of opportunities to have a real impact in the business and collaborate with smart peers. We also offer the following:
- Company shares and a competitive and fair salary based on your experience
- Plenty of training initiatives to help your career progression
- Annual personal budget for you to spend on developing yourself (online courses, conferences, training, etc)
- Flexible remuneration: subsidised restaurant tickets, transport tickets, private healthcare and childcare
- No restrictions on vacation days, office hours, working from home days, etc. You manage your own work schedule responsibly
- Chill-out space with the typical start-up ping-pong table and the occasional office yoga session
- Start-up culture with fun initiatives and company events for all to enjoy
- Unlimited coffee, tea, soft drinks, fruit, etc
Geoblink is passionate about creating an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees.
Everyone is welcome and, we don’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic including race, religion or beliefs, gender or gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
We want to facilitate everyone in bringing their best to our interviews, so if there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive, please let our team know.